- January 17, 2013 at 9:22 pm #3470RogerNew MemberJoin Date: Jun 2011Posts: 82Offline
A while back posted we had a good give and take on the upgrade program for S to CS lenses. Here is the policy straight from Leica:
Process of Trade Up:
* The customer buys an S-System lens without central shutter through Spring 2011.
* The customer registers the lens in the customer area of the Leica S-System website.
* The customer downloads the CS Lens Trade Up Voucher from the customer area of the Leica S- System website on their computer and prints it.
* The customer takes the voucher to the authorized S-System dealer where the S-System lens was purchased and buys an S-System central shutter lens of the same focal length by only paying the price difference between the 2 lenses. Customers must return to the original dealer to do a trade up.
Of course when I try to down the voucher …the registration process is under construction . The perfect “catch 22”.
- January 17, 2013 at 10:46 pm #3471David KFrequent MemberJoin Date: Jun 2011Posts: 199Offline
Thanks for posting this Roger. Just to clarify the issue of price.
The current difference in price between the 70mm CS and non-CS is $1k ($5995 vs $4995). But when the non-CS first came out it was priced at $4495. My understanding from speaking with Josh is that the price paid for the lens is the one that is used. In my case that means I will be paying $1500 to trade up. Can't recall when the price increase was implemented…but if it was before the cut off date then some customers may be able to do this for $1k. I'd prefer it otherwise…but on reflection it seems fair that anyone trading up for this lens will wind up paying the same amount for it.
- January 17, 2013 at 11:37 pm #3472Al TanabeNew MemberJoin Date: Aug 2014Posts: 151Offline
Just went to the S owners area and the link to the vouchers has disappeared. Luckily I kept PDF copies on my computer.
- January 18, 2013 at 4:11 am #3473Mark GowinFrequent MemberJoin Date: Jan 2011Posts: 253Offline
The text below was copied from my voucher.
“You can trade up your S lens, with this voucher, at any time up to 30th September 2011, via the authorised Leica S dealer from whom you originally purchased it. They will exchange your current lens for a lens of same focal length but with a central shutter. The original purchase price of your lens will be credited against the purchase of the new CS lens in full, without any deduction for wear and tear. You will only pay the dif ference in price.”
- January 18, 2013 at 3:52 pm #3474Al TanabeNew MemberJoin Date: Aug 2014Posts: 151Offline
Interesting, they must have changed the wording, mine reads:
“S-SYSTEM LENS VOUCHER
Dear Leica Customer,
We would like to thank you for your loyalty to our brand with this special S-System offer. Using this voucher, you can exchange the lens below for a Leica S-System central shutter lens with the same focal length. You can trade up your S lens, with this voucher via the authorised Leica S dealer from whom you originally purchased it. They will exchange your current lens for a lens of same focal length but with a central shutter. The original purchase price of your lens will be credited against the purchase of the new CS lens in full, without any deduction for wear and tear. You will only pay the difference in price.”
I downloaded these in May 2012 after registering. No mention of purchase timeframe to qualify for the exchange. In fact my 30 was issued a voucher and was purchased in February 2012.
- January 18, 2013 at 4:12 pm #3475David KFrequent MemberJoin Date: Jun 2011Posts: 199Offline
Kind of like food stamps for rich people… 🙂
- January 19, 2013 at 12:05 am #3476stephanNew MemberJoin Date: Nov 2011Posts: 100Offline
I have given up 😡
I just will have my 120 upgraded, but my two other lenses will stay as they are ……
- January 23, 2013 at 3:31 pm #3496Josh LehrerLegendary MemberJoin Date: Aug 2014Posts: 233Currently using:
Leica M, Leica S, Leica CompactOffline
The official word from Leica on this upgrade program is now available:
Questions or concerns? Post them here and I will address anything I can.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.