Discussion Forum Leica S System Images to Share Leica S2 New England Fall Foliage Trip – Day Two
    David Farkas

Another busy day of shooting up in New Hampshire.

Glen Ellis Falls

Leica S2 with 35mm, 4 sec @ f/13, ISO 160, B+W Circular Polarizer, Schneider 0.9 Soft Grad ND, Schneider 1.2 ND, Tripod

Jackson Bridge

Leica S2 with 35mm, 1/350th @ f/8, ISO 160, B+W Circular Polarizer

Birch trees in Pinkham Notch

Leica S2 with 120mm, 1/60th @ f/8, ISO 160, B+W Circular Polarizer, Tripod

Peabody River

Color in Crawford Notch

Sunset at Reflection Pond, Gorham NH

Jack MacD

Great leading on day 2 David.
    Thanks,
    Jack

Attached files

Roger

Enjoying the daily posts of new england ..looks like you are getting some cold weather at least early in the morning. David is starting to take on the persona of one of the PBS wilderness photographers . The color looks like its coming in for you and you had some winter clouds making for some nice images .

Jack MacD

Not that cold yesterday, but windy.
    Sun out today, color at peak.
    Yesterday we were shooting in rain for an hour and some of the best images came then.

AM6

Nice shots – love that 1st one, David.

Josh Lehrer

Two images from the second day of shooting. Amazing how fast the light changes.

Leica S2 with 70mm lens, 4 sec at f/11 with Kenko Variable NDX Filter

Leica S2 with 70mm lens, 1/4 sec at f/11 with Kenko Variable NDX Filter

This was my first time using the Kenko Variable NDX filter, which allows precise ND control from 1.3 to 10 stops. Extremely useful for slowing down your shutter speeds in bright light. The filter can be fine-tuned to match just about any shutter speed I selected.

David K

We really had some great spots to shoot this day. Here’s one that I climbed half a mountain for…not my best shot of the day but the one I worked hardest to get. Also a bit different than what’s been posted.

Attached files

David Farkas

David K;1005 wrote: We really had some great spots to shoot this day. Here’s one that I climbed half a mountain for…not my best shot of the day but the one I worked hardest to get. Also a bit different than what’s been posted.

I like this shot a lot, but have no idea where you took it. :confused: Can you give me a hint?

David K

The location for this shot was the roadside waterfall not far from the hotel. Since all the good spots at the roadside were taken…I climbed up the mountain to where the waterfall fed the pond. The good news is that I was out of the frame for all the roadside shooters. As you may recall…it was pretty much dark out when this shot was taken.

Edit: I think this might have been from the day before. It was on the corrupted CF card that Josh rescued for me so it doesn’t have any exif info.

Mark Gowin

David K;1008 wrote: The location for this shot was the roadside waterfall not far from the hotel. Since all the good spots at the roadside were taken…I climbed up the mountain to where the waterfall fed the pond. The good news is that I was out of the frame for all the roadside shooters. As you may recall…it was pretty much dark out when this shot was taken.

Edit: I think this might have been from the day before. It was on the corrupted CF card that Josh rescued for me so it doesn’t have any exif info.

HaHa! You are partly correct. It was pretty dark, but you are not out of the frame. Also, you were doing more than making photos.:D

Full Frame Image

Crop 1

Crop 2

David K

Jeez Mark…thanks for sharing 🙂

Joe

Just wanted to share an image of Mount Washington, NH

Thanks,

Joe

Attached files

David Farkas

Joe;1070 wrote: Just wanted to share an image of Mount Washington, NH

Thanks,

Joe

Very nice!

Jack MacD

An equipment issue:
    When taking photos near roaring waterfalls, several of us experienced equipment problems with bladders. The S2 never failed, but next time I will wear earplugs.

Joe

Thanks David.

I hope your trip to NYC is going great!

Let us know if you hear of some S2 news or see some interesting new gear.

Regards,

Joe

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.