Discussion Forum Leica S System Alternative Lenses S 006 with the 280/4 APO Telyt R and 1.4x APO converter at Goodwood Revival
    topoxforddoc

My new S 006 came with me to the Goodwood Revival with the 280/4 and 1.4x converter, using the Lei-ko adapter. All shots were hand held (can’t get a tripod or the like into a grandstand or enclosure). I did not take as many shots this year as I do normally; I was too busy enjoying the racing with my friends and some champagne.

Anyway, my comments are as follows
    The S VF is a dream to use compared even to my DMR VF. Hence manual focussing is doable.
    Motion blur is an issue, but that’s a function of the weight and combined focal length. It’s exacerbated by the larger sensor. OK, the number of keepers is lower, but it works if you persevere.
    Most of the shots were taken wide open, thus limiting the DoF. Of course, this just makes the focussing harder and more demanding. But everything moves too fast to focus and stop down.
    No problems with infinity focus.

Please excuse the artistic quality, as i just want to show that this might be an option for those looking for longer focal lengths.

Mark Webber in Jackie Stewart’s Matra F1 car (with crop)
    Austin J35 pedal car Pilote (with crop)
    EE Canberra and Hawker Hunter jets

Attachments:
    topoxforddoc

Mark Webber in Matra crop

Attachments:
    topoxforddoc

Austin J35 pilote

Attachments:
    topoxforddoc

Austin J35 crop

Attachments:
    topoxforddoc

EE Canberra and Hawker Hunter

Attachments:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.