Discussion Forum Leica S System S Lenses Summarit-S 70 Calibration
    Jheroun

My S-70 lens seems to be hunting more than usual, even with well-lit, contrasty subjects. And it’s been tough to focus manually as well, often way off the mark despite appearing in focus in the viewfinder (microprism screen installed). I’m assuming this could mean a trip to Solms for recalibration. Anyone having a similar experience with the S2 70?

Mark Gowin

Sorry to hear about your issues. I have not had any focus problems with my 70mm. Maybe others can offer some info.

David K

No problems here with any of my Leica lenses but I did have an issue with a third party lens recently and was advised to double check and make sure the focusing screen was properly seated. It’s worth a look…

Jheroun

I tried re-seating the screen and it seems to work properly now. It never occurred to me that it could come loose, but that appears to have worked.

Thanks for the tip David.

David Farkas

Jheroun;2503 wrote: I tried re-seating the screen and it seems to work properly now. It never occurred to me that it could come loose, but that appears to have worked.

Thanks for the tip David.

It isn’t so much that the screen came loose, but rather that it may not have been seated 100% perfectly when it was installed.

David K

Glad this tip got things resolved for you. Always nice when the community can help each other. Credit should be given to my friend Roger Dunham who originally made the suggestion to me.

ftge544

I used the Kenko NDX Variable ND filter on our New England Fall Foliage workshop with excellent results. Check out this thread for a few images.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.