Discussion Forum Leica S System Alternative Lenses Testing the Pentax 105mm f/2.4 vs. the Leica 120mm f/2.5 APO
    David Farkas

I just posted a new comparison article on fast aperture short tele lens options for the S2. Lots of samples and 100% crops.

Testing the Pentax 105mm f/2.4 vs. the Leica 120mm f/2.5 APO on the Leica S2

Anyone else tried the Pentax 105?

Doug

David Farkas;517 wrote: I just posted a new comparison article on fast aperture short tele lens options for the S2. Lots of samples and 100% crops.

Anyone else tried the Pentax 105?

I have not tried it, but probably will. I have two of them, the old Takumar like the one in your test came with a used non-MLU P6x7 in 1976. The newer Pentax 67 lens I got in 2006 for $275, and I think they’re optically the same though the barrel is different and perhaps the SMC coatings are improved.

Thanks for the interesting test!

So far I’ve used the 100mm f/4 macro, the 45mm, 165mm LS, and late 200mm. I’m seeing CA’s in the latter three like you report, and good performance except with the disappointing 165. Not surprisingly the 100mm is the best of this bunch, as one of the last new lenses in the line.

Pete Walentin

Nice article. Thanks for all the work.

stephan

Hello to all

I had the luck to get a used S2 with a 70 m and the 180 mm. Don’t have it yet but hope to get it every day.

As I make a lot of portrait and mostly use 80-100 mm on 35 mm, and not able to buy the 120 actually, I just look around for something between.

This Pentax looks nice to me, but how does it compare to the Habla Zeiss 110 (which is still very expensive)?

Kurt Kamka

Stephen,

Also check out the Mamiya 80/1.9 lens via adapter. I don’t know if it will be too short for your purposes, but it does have a very pleasing bokeh. Plus, the price is right … $300-$500.

Kurt

stephan

thanks

I will have a look, but I think that’s probably to close to the 70 mm

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.