Discussion Forum Leica S System S2 will the Nikon R1C1 Wireless Close-Up Speedlight System work with the 120m
    hikemate

Can I buy and attach the rici to my 120 (for my s2p) or my 90 f4 macro lens (on my m9). will it work as a macro flash

David Farkas

hikemate;1291 wrote: Can I buy and attach the rici to my 120 (for my s2p) or my 90 f4 macro lens (on my m9). will it work as a macro flash

The SU-800 Commander for the R1C1 does have the ability to control the SB-R200 flashes in M mode so it should work, although I have not personally tried.

The R1C1 does come with a 72mm adapter ring which would fit on your 120 S lens. The smallest adapter ring in the kit is 52mm, which is still too large for your 90mm Macro-Elmar (39mm). My other concern would be putting something that large on the front of the 90mm, which is a collapsible design. On the other side, the largest ring is 77mm, so you wouldn’t be able to mount the R1C1 on the 70 or 35.

IceMan

Hi There
    I happen to have both and have tried. Doesn’t seem to be working: can’t get the flashes to fire. Neither in manual nor in TTL mode. Anything I’m missing?
    Cheers
    Peter

IceMan

Sorry: On the S2 with the 120 and the R1C1 ..

constable

I confirm what IceMan has found. I cannot get this same combination to fire.

Ed

stephan

I’m not surprised. The SU800 is a data transmission tool for iTTL, not just a simple IR-trigger. It probably needs some processing power or data input from the camera to work, even in manual mode.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.