ChrisJgreenfield

Hello from Norfolk in the UK.
    Purchased a used Leica Q and am absolutely thrilled with the camera. My other camera is a Sony A7, one that I use for nightscapes of local historic buildings. Being able to set the aperture and shutter speed on the Q direct from the top plate is something I’ve missed from the Sony, which at times is like using a computer with the numerous menu screens.
    I’ve not yet found a suitable remote release for the Leica Q, it has the USB port, but cannot see if Leica or a third party make one. If anyone has a recommendation, I’d be very grateful.
    Thanks,
    Chris

Attachments:
    rayan08

Sony has the worst menu interface of any camera. I’ve owned a number of them and love the hardware but have always ended up selling them cos of the shit controls

Laps1253

Hi Chris,

Have you tried using the Leica FOTOS app? You can remotely control the camera and use it as a release.
    It’s worked alright with me for some night photography with the Q.
    Hope it works out well for you

best,
    Rafa

Jjoc3923

The current version of the fotos app is a significant improvement over the original. The CL does not have any external ports. So I have to rely on it. It does get the job done. That being said, my tripod and head are meant for a heavier full frame / APS-C DSLR. I have not had any issue with camera shake when pressing the shutter release while the CL is mounted on a tripod. Depending on your tripod, you may not experience any either. I would recommend trying using the fotos app and using the shutter release button to see which works best for you.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.