Discussion Forum Leica S System Images to Share Night Shot In Rain From Above
    Jack MacD

007 ISO 6400 hand held merge at 1/45 sec. of three 30mm 30-90 zoom shots.

Attachments:
    Jack MacD

Same view in morning fog 007 zoom

Attachments:
    • This attachment can not be displayed.

Jack MacD

try again on the file

Attachments:

Jack MacD

Turns out I was sending too big a file, let’s see if this works?

Attachments:

Jack MacD

trying even smaller

Attachments:
    dalethorn

Funny how difficult it is to get some images posted. Your last three are a pretty good variety, hope you add some more.

Jack MacD

Dale,
    The issue turned out to be file size.
    If this one goes up, we know 1.5 m can work.
    If it doesn’t, then I go to a mere .5m

Used to be David allowed huge files, up to 20M. I think when he revised the forum, that changed.
    Jack

Attachments:
    dalethorn

That looks good – it has enough detail to give a good sense of the original.

Jack MacD

Dale,
    This shows the before and after LR to show how much in in the shadows of a 007 shot

Attachments:
    dalethorn

Definitely a lot of latitude there, to use a film term. Interesting that you moved the highlight slider and shadow slider to extreme opposite ends, and still have a decent result. It’s almost like the camera is saying “You can’t lose this one”. But I wonder – you should be able to shoot a bracketed exposure range and combine them for an HDR result of some kind?

Jack MacD

Dale,
    If a camera does not have enough “latitude” or Dynamic range, the solution as you suggested would be HDR via combining two or more images. I used to do that and it required a tripod usually, no motion in the subject like the moving cars, and I still didn’t like the result very often. Probably my fault.

With enough dynamic range as with the 007, I can use the shadow and highlight sliders at 100% left and right to achieve what I want anyway. David Farkas mentioned he does that too. Perhaps he or others can give a reply that could explain why. For me, it just works, and I am glad that it does.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.