Alex AR

Today I lost the cap that goes on top of the ocular. Yes, that little round thing with the magnet where I knew from the beginning that I would eventually lose it. 😡

Anybody found a smart way of attaching it to the camera so that it does not disappear? Yes, there is a solution called “pocket”, I know, but the problem isn’t not losing it when it is out of its place of use, but not losing it when it is doing what it is supposed to do, i.e. sit on the ocular. Are you guys using it at all?

Probably the spare part with the highest stock turn – and gross margin – in Leica’s BOM. :p

constable

Alex AR;4382 wrote: Today I lost the cap that goes on top of the ocular. Yes, that little round thing with the magnet where I knew from the beginning that I would eventually lose it. 😡

Anybody found a smart way of attaching it to the camera so that it does not disappear? Yes, there is a solution called “pocket”, I know, but the problem isn’t not losing it when it is out of its place of use, but not losing it when it is doing what it is supposed to do, i.e. sit on the ocular. Are you guys using it at all?

Probably the spare part with the highest stock turn – and gross margin – in Leica’s BOM. :p

There is that funny hook contraption on the back which sort of fits the camera strap. I tend to leave it in the camera bag or at home.

Ed

Alex AR

constable;4383 wrote: There is that funny hook contraption on the back which sort of fits the camera strap. I tend to leave it in the camera bag or at home.

Ed

Yes, I know. It’s ok when not sitting on the ocular. But when it sits there, it just falls off too easily. I think it it a great idea, just too weak magnet and hence a bit ill-designed. Prefer the Nikon Dx solution.

Doug

I chose not to use it. It came out briefly when unboxing the camera, then after a moment of admiration for detail, it went right back into the box. Safe there.

Josh Lehrer

It’s a clever idea but I agree with the posters above, the eyepiece cap stays in the box. I believe the part costs somewhere around $50 to replace from Leica. I haven’t found a scenario where I need it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.