dwphoto

Hi Leica Users –

I’m wondering if someone could help me. I’ve just shot a bunch of images with the new S and I’m finding that my reds are off the charts, bordering on bright fuchsia. Not only are the reds blown, but my skin tones all have pink hues to them as well. I’m trying to wheel them back in using Capture One (7.1.2), but I’m not having any success.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

Pete Walentin

Do you have a proper profile for the S in C1? I must admit I am not sure if C1 is supporting the S. Have you tried LR?

dwphoto

Thanks Pete-

You read my mind. I’ll give it a shot and report back.

dw

David Farkas

By default, C1 doesn’t have built-in profile support for the S-System. Remember, Phase One and Leica are competitors, so Phase isn’t motivated to optimize their software for Leica files. S files come into C1 as generic DNG files and look pretty terrible as compared to LR.

That being said, Leica created an ICC camera profile for use in C1 if you are absolutely tied to a C1 workflow. It is available in the Leica Owners Area as a download.

I much prefer Lightroom for S files (or any Leica files). Leica has been working closely with Adobe since 2008 to optimize RAW conversions in LR and ACR.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.