Jheroun

Has anyone had the experience of shooting blanks while tethered? It’s happened to me twice now. The first time I surmised, with Josh’s help, that it was because I didn’t set data storage to external. It then seemed fine for a while, but again today after a number of frames firing off without a glitch, suddenly I’m getting captures interspersed with blanks that become more frequent and cause me to lose so many frames I had to stop shooting. Frustrating doesn’t begin to describe it.

I’m tethering to LR3, BTW.

David K

Hasn’t happened to me on the few occasions that I’ve shot tethered…also to LR3.

Jheroun

David, didn’t you post the earlier thread on file corruption? Evidently you have experienced the same thing exactly. You were obviously shooting flash too, so it appears to be a systemic problem, not just with my unit. And given that the black frames are actually underexposed captures, it would seem the problem lies with the shutter/flash sync.

kate

I have been using lossless compression for the past two years and have not noticed any detrimental changes.

Today is the last day of our office 😀

rsmphoto

Jheroun;1995 wrote: David, didn’t you post the earlier thread on file corruption? Evidently you have experienced the same thing exactly. You were obviously shooting flash too, so it appears to be a systemic problem, not just with my unit. And given that the black frames are actually underexposed captures, it would seem the problem lies with the shutter/flash sync.

I shoot constantly tethered with LR5 on location with studio strobes (Comet) triggered by Pocket Wizards and I have no problems whatsoever except when I get ahead of the LIS2 software writing the file, and then I get corrupt file now and then. That’s it. Rock solid.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.