fotografz

Despite being busy on a job, I just couldn’t wait and ran out to shoot a few quick shots.

OMG!

Worked like a charm.

First impressions:

Wonderful color right out of the camera.

HCD28/4 is considerably wider than my S35, and sharp as hell. The Leica provided lens profiles in LR work perfectly.

HC100/2.2 is amazing … folks, we have our 75 Lux for the S : -) IMO, the lens profile applies a touch to much vignetting control, but that’ll remain to be seen. Shot some bright outdoor stuff f/2.2 @ 1/4000th shutter … a first for that lens for me!

HC210/4 was also excellent … I was astounded how fast it Auto focused. I mean fast!

Will try the HC120/4 macro at 1:1 as soon as I get a minute free.

Also have the newer HC 50-II and 150N to try out.

So far it seems Leica did a really good job on this.

Big test will be shooting with strobes and high sync speeds.

Gotta run, but will be back as soon as possible … gotta do the work to pay for this stuff : -)

-Marc

Arif

fotografz;2840 wrote: Despite being busy on a job, I just couldn’t wait and ran out to shoot a few quick shots.

OMG!

Worked like a charm.

First impressions:

Wonderful color right out of the camera.

HCD28/4 is considerably wider than my S35, and sharp as hell. The Leica provided lens profiles in LR work perfectly.

HC100/2.2 is amazing … folks, we have our 75 Lux for the S : -) IMO, the lens profile applies a touch to much vignetting control, but that’ll remain to be seen. Shot some bright outdoor stuff f/2.2 @ 1/4000th shutter … a first for that lens for me!

HC210/4 was also excellent … I was astounded how fast it Auto focused. I mean fast!

Will try the HC120/4 macro at 1:1 as soon as I get a minute free.

Also have the newer HC 50-II and 150N to try out.

So far it seems Leica did a really good job on this.

Big test will be shooting with strobes and high sync speeds.

Gotta run, but will be back as soon as possible … gotta do the work to pay for this stuff : -)

-Marc

Hi Marc,
    I totally agree that this is a great addition. I have used it over the past few weeks on the 35-90 and the 100/2.2 and like the results very much. Colors have been good and now I can wait a little longer for some of the promised S lenses (would be curious to see the Leica 30-90 zoom).
    Arif

David K

I will be testing the HC 100/2.2 next week with the new adapter with an eye towards seeing how it compares to the legendary 110/2 with the dumb adapter. My intended use for this focal length is portrait/beauty shots. For me the primary determinant will be how accurately the AF focuses the 100mm lens. Even with the micro prism screen it’s a challenge (for me) to nail focus on the eyes from any distance other than a close-up.

Marc, looking forward to some images from you when you have time. Would also appreciate your thoughts on the relative merits of 110mm vs 100mm.

Arif, if you can share any images taken with the zoom it would be appreciated. If I go down this road that one is on my short list.

Thanks to my friends at Hasselblad for providing me with a test lens and also to David and Josh for holding one of the new adapters for me to play with.

Arif

David K;2852 wrote:

Arif, if you can share any images taken with the zoom it would be appreciated. If I go down this road that one is on my short list.

Hi David, A simple portrait with no retouching other than simple ACR but not sure if it really shows all what the lens can offer. Portrait with the 100.

One with the zoom.

Attached files

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.