Discussion Forum Gear, Technology and Supporting Equipment Computers and Technology What is the right way to use QuickBooks Condense Data Utility?
    lilyevans

I have been working on a QuickBooks company file for the last five years to store my company’s data. But, suddenly, it started taking more time to load as it contains a lot of employees and company’s crucial data. To fix my company file’s performance, someone suggested I use the QuickBooks Condense Data utility. Using this tool, I can quickly summarize the data of my company file without deleting any important data. But I don’t have much technical assistance so I don’t know how to use it. So, it would be beneficial if somebody could give me simple instructions to shrink the company file using QuickBooks Condense Data Utility.

Ado

I can provide you with a general overview of how to use the QuickBooks Condense Data utility to shrink your company file while also enriching lead data. Please note that the specific steps may vary depending on the version of QuickBooks you are using. It is recommended to create a backup of your company file before proceeding with any data condensing operations. Here’s a simplified guide:
    1. Open QuickBooks and log in to your company file as the administrator.
    2. Click on the “File” menu at the top left corner of the QuickBooks window.
    3. From the drop-down menu, select “Utilities” and then choose “Condense Data.”

After the condensing process completes, QuickBooks should display a summary of what changes were made to your company files, such as the reduction in file size, and any lead data enrichment performed. It’s essential to review this information to ensure the desired outcome was achieved.

Remember, condensing data does not delete any important data but rather summarizes and removes certain elements based on your preferences. However, it’s always a good practice to have a backup of your company file before attempting any significant modifications. If you encounter any issues or have specific concerns, it’s advisable to consult the QuickBooks support documentation or reach out to Intuit support for further assistance.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.