GMB

Any suggestions for a backpack that can take the S2, 4 lenses, flash, and a bit of other stuff. Should also hold a tripod for hikes. thanks for any recommendations. Georg

David Farkas

GMB;1967 wrote: Any suggestions for a backpack that can take the S2, 4 lenses, flash, and a bit of other stuff. Should also hold a tripod for hikes. thanks for any recommendations. Georg

Georg,

I use the Kata 222-UL Bumblebee ultralight backpack. It holds the S2 and 4 lenses in the bottom section and all my Schneider 4″ filters in the top section (along with some snacks). Very lightweight and comfortable to carry.

GMB

David,

Thanks for the tip. Will check this one out. Would love to buy from your store but I am based in Europe.

Georg

Paratom

Hi Georh,
    interesting- while you are going from carrying 3 ro carrying 4 lenses, I now often just bring 2 lenses with the S2 in a smaller backback. It is harder to decided which lenses to carry but in the end if seems to often work pretty good with just 2 lenses.
    Let me know what you found!
    Regards, Tom

GMB

Tom,
    I ordered the Kata from Amazon as the prices of dealers in Belgium were prohibitive. It arrived yesterday. The S2 w/ 4 lenses fits in easily (one could even add a M9 and a couple of lenses). I particularly like the tripod holder, which seems to hold well the RRS tripod. Even if i will not allways take the whole stuff, the backpack will be useful as it allows to carry some things other than the gear.

Now so far i only tested it in my bedroom. The field trest is still to come.

Georg

GMB

Field test was positive. Obviously, carrying an S2, 3 lenses, a bit RRS tripod and an Arca d4 hear is not really a pleasure, but the backpack made it bearable.

David–Again many thanks for the tip.

Georg

Albert Knapp, MDAvatar photo

I have been using the Gura Gear Kiboko 30L and most recently the Bataflae32L . They are sturdy, ingeniously designed and can fit two S2 bodies, four lenses and a lot of miscellaneous gear. They are by far and away the best backpacks I have ever used. Their website is http://www.guragear.com/
    :D:D
    Albert

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.