Today, Leica has released updated firmware for the Leica TL2. The new firmware adds support for the newly introduced Elmarit-TL 18mm f/2.8 ASPH pancake lens. You can read more about the new lens here:
The new firmware, version 1.2 can be downloaded directly from the Leica website by clicking here: TL2 Firmware version 1.2
To install the new firmware, follow these steps:
- Download the firmware at the above link
- Insert a formatted SD card into your computer’s card reader
- Open your downloads folder and drag the TL2_1200.FLU file onto your memory card. This will place it in the root directory.
- Eject your card
- Insert the SD card with the firmware on it into your TL2
- Turn on the TL2 while pressing down on the top function button
- When prompted, say OK to update
Keep in mind, the firmware is only compatible with the TL2, not the TL (Typ 701) or T (Typ 701). Leica will be releasing updates for these cameras in the coming weeks.