Pete Walentin

I took the S2 to Namibia and meet the Himba people. I also carried the MM along. Here are some S2 impressions. If you want to read more about our visit and the Himba you could visit my blog.

All pictures were taken with the S-120 wide open.

Hope you like it.

Pete

peterv

Hi Pete,

thanks for sharing these images. They look fantastic, and I personally like seeing the S being used for reportage/documentary.
    I love the look of the 120 mm wide open and I think this approach gives the series a very distinctive look. Very interesting! I must say I find it very brave to use the lens like this, I would probably resort to f4.0 just to be on the safe side with focus …
    Anyway, I think your choice for large aperture works really well. Was 1/4000 short enough, or did you have to use ND’s?

Thanks again, wonderful images of a very interesting place with beautiful people!

Scott997

Amazing images Pete! Very nice work.

Pete Walentin

peterv;4387 wrote: Hi Pete,

thanks for sharing these images. They look fantastic, and I personally like seeing the S being used for reportage/documentary.
    I love the look of the 120 mm wide open and I think this approach gives the series a very distinctive look. Very interesting! I must say I find it very brave to use the lens like this, I would probably resort to f4.0 just to be on the safe side with focus …
    Anyway, I think your choice for large aperture works really well. Was 1/4000 short enough, or did you have to use ND’s?

Thanks again, wonderful images of a very interesting place with beautiful people!

Thanks Peter. I think the S is really build for doing every job and that was my main reason to choose the S over any other MF camera. Take a look at the attached picture my wife took with a D-Lux. That was while shooting with the Monochrome and the S was more or less between my legs in the sand. Does it do any harm? Nope. 🙂

I was fine with 1/4000th. But we have been there very early and it was partly cloudy. So perfect conditions.

Scott997;4388 wrote: Amazing images Pete! Very nice work.

Thanks Scott. 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.