dwphoto

Does anyone know whether the Multi-Function handgrip for the S is out yet? I’m presuming the grip for the S2 won’t work on the S.

Alex AR

The handgrip is out since about half year. Don’t think the S2 grip works, but I believe there has already been a discussion about that before.

dwphoto

Thanks Alex. I didn’t see the handgrip for the new S on the B&H site yesterday. I must have missed it.

spoons

I use the battery grip and it does help balance the camera, if making it quite large in the hand. Some posters have suggested that the camera is only as heavy as a ‘normal’ DSLR. It is much heavier.

Also, contrary to some suggestions from other posters, the batteries are drained pretty much equally and if shooting tethered you will see both batteries drain each day. If out and about they last longer but you do have to remove the battery grip each time you need to get at the body battery and although not such a big deal, I find it annoying and can’t understand why the body battery doesn’t stay charged whilst the one in the grip is being drained first.

I am actually returning mine for investigation as there as is an issue with the grip attaching to the body successfully.It wobbles too much and is not much good really. …yes, it’s been tightened up properly and all is aligned correctly.

Having said all this, I wouldn’t be without it.

Attached files

David Farkas

spoons;4813 wrote: I use the battery grip and it does help balance the camera, if making it quite large in the hand. Some posters have suggested that the camera is only as heavy as a ‘normal’ DSLR. It is much heavier.

Also, contrary to some suggestions from other posters, the batteries are drained pretty much equally and if shooting tethered you will see both batteries drain each day. If out and about they last longer but you do have to remove the battery grip each time you need to get at the body battery and although not such a big deal, I find it annoying and can’t understand why the body battery doesn’t stay charged whilst the one in the grip is being drained first.

I am actually returning mine for investigation as there as is an issue with the grip attaching to the body successfully.It wobbles too much and is not much good really. …yes, it’s been tightened up properly and all is aligned correctly.

Having said all this, I wouldn’t be without it.

The battery in the grip should be drained first, then go to the one in the body once the grip battery is empty. This allows you to just swap the grip battery without having to remove the grip to access the main battery. This has been my personal experience and the experience of all the S/S2 users I’ve worked with.

albireo_double

David Farkas;4816 wrote: The battery in the grip should be drained first, then go to the one in the body once the grip battery is empty. This allows you to just swap the grip battery without having to remove the grip to access the main battery. This has been my personal experience and the experience of all the S/S2 users I’ve worked with.

Hmm, my experience has also been that both batteries are drained equally. That is on the S2.

Alex AR

Had the same experience. I believe I read it depends on whether the battery was in the grip when the camera was switched on or not – or something rather unlogical like that…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.