- September 24, 2012 at 10:38 am #3019GMBNew MemberJoin Date: Jul 2011Posts: 50Offline
If someone has experience with this adaptor, I would be happy to learn your experiences. I have no Hassi lenses, but I might be interested in the 300mm, as Leica is not offering anything in that focal length.
- September 24, 2012 at 1:37 pm #3020David FarkasNewbieHollywood, FLJoin Date: Aug 2014Posts: 413Currently using:
Leica M, Leica S, Leica SL, Leica CLOffline
GMB;3315 wrote: If someone has experience with this adaptor, I would be happy to learn your experiences. I have no Hassi lenses, but I might be interested in the 300mm, as Leica is not offering anything in that focal length.
Pretty simple really. H lenses work the same a S lenses on the S2 or S. The adapter communicates electronically with the lenses so auto diaphragm control, AF and central shutter all function properly. You can use the H lens shutter up to 1/750th or the camera’s focal plane shutter up to 1/4000th.
- September 24, 2012 at 2:06 pm #3021stephanNew MemberJoin Date: Nov 2011Posts: 100Offline
its great! i use 2 habla lenses and it works well!
- September 24, 2012 at 10:11 pm #3023ArifNew MemberJoin Date: Jul 2011Posts: 49Offline
I am using with the 30-90 and the 100/2.2 with mixed results. Works well on the 30-90 but there are some misses on the 100 where I have to manually override.
- September 27, 2012 at 10:23 am #3026fotografzFrequent MemberJoin Date: Jul 2011Posts: 166Offline
Yes, I use it with a number if HC/HCD lenses.
When used in the leaf-shutter mode, I’ve noted a strange metallic clicking from the Hasselblad lens. Presumably the leaf shutter since the noise is absent when using the lenses in FP mode … but it is louder than when the lens is used on H camera. I sent for a second adapter and it does the same thing. This is with all H lenses.
I will speak to Leica about this because it doesn’t sound right and I do not want to do damage to the H lenses long term.
However it works. In leaf shutter mode, I’ve done a lot of strobe work using 1/500 and 1/750th shutter sync.
- November 15, 2012 at 9:51 pm #3200albireo_doubleNew MemberJoin Date: Nov 2011Posts: 18Offline
Testing with the HC 210 that I bought second hand recently, as a cheaper alternative to the Leica 180mm (on the assumption that I would not be using this focal length all that often). Fast and accurate focusing, no problems whatsoever. Also makes the loud clicking sound that Marc describes, when used in the leaf shutter mode – but it works fine. The lens has nice bokeh and reminds me of the Zeiss Hassy lenses in its character, although it is a Fuji lens. Keen to try the HC 50 mm MkII and possibly the 300 mm if and when I do another safari trip.
- December 5, 2012 at 1:03 am #3249fotografzFrequent MemberJoin Date: Jul 2011Posts: 166Offline
Good to know that your lenses are “clicking” also … it works and that’s all that counts.
I can attest to the IQ of the newer HC-50-II … it is a great focal length field-of-view on the S camera and fills the gap between the S35 or 30 and S70.
- December 5, 2012 at 8:27 am #3251issa918New MemberJoin Date: Dec 2012Posts: 18Offline
My lens has loud clicking sound when firing the leaf shutter too, and it has more obvious delay than focal plane shutter. 🙁
BTW, may I ask if all of you have the same issue as I have experienced?
Many thanks first!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.