- October 15, 2011 at 1:24 pm #1148
I’m probably doing something wrong but can’t seem to get the flash to work with the S2. When I attach the flash, it turns on but doesn’t have an option for TTL-HSS in the mode menu. I tried resetting the flash and camera settings but still nothing. Anyone have any thoughts?
- October 15, 2011 at 2:49 pm #1152constableNew MemberJoin Date: Oct 2011Posts: 59Offline
I saw this same thing last weekend
It is something really stupid about switching on the camera or the SF58 first … can’t remember which but it is in one of the manuals (in a none obvious place)
Good luck and will check when I get home this evening
- October 15, 2011 at 4:42 pm #1155Josh LehrerLegendary MemberJoin Date: Aug 2014Posts: 233Currently using:
Leica M, Leica S, Leica CompactOffline
I have been playing with this combination a bit today to see what’s what. I tried every combination I could, camera on first, flash on first, camera on then attach flash while off, camera on then attach flash while on. I have yet to find a combination where the flash will not allow me to select TTL-HSS while attached to the camera. If I take the flash off the camera, turn it off, then on again, I lose the ability to choose TTL-HSS, but as soon as I put it back on the camera, I can select TTL-HSS with no difficulty.
- October 15, 2011 at 7:09 pm #1158constableNew MemberJoin Date: Oct 2011Posts: 59Offline
Well I must admit I can’t repeat the phenomenon.
All OK with me with all lenses tonight.
AM6 … is it sorted?
- October 15, 2011 at 10:10 pm #1159
Thanks for looking into it but no good for me. I tried different combos but still not working. I’ll see if I can return this flash and get another one.
- October 16, 2011 at 8:24 am #1161Bobby LeeNew MemberJoin Date: Sep 2011Posts: 33Offline
Have you tried selecting different shutter speed?
- October 16, 2011 at 2:43 pm #1163
Hi Bobby –
Yes, different speeds, modes. Cleaned the contacts but don’t think the flash and camera are communicating properly.
- October 17, 2011 at 3:14 am #1170allegrettoNew MemberJoin Date: Oct 2011Posts: 28Offline
I have a different problem with my 58;
It starts to develop a mind of its own and starts flashing, seemingly randomly. Problem is that unless I have it on my Quantum battery it is discharged when I go make a photo.
it will happen intermittently and disappear as quickly as it comes on.
yes, I know it makes “test flashes” from time ot time but this is different, high powered discharges.
anyone else see this?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.