Discussion Forum Buy and Sell Marketplace Gear For Sale Leica Ultravid (first ed.) 10×42 BR binocular
    dalethorn

Leica Ultravid 10×42 BR (not the Ultravid HD). Like new except for exterior stains and two small ‘dings’ on the center wheel and brace. I have a close-up inspection video on youtube (dalethorn2). $975 USD including shipping. I have the Leica ‘passport’ card for this item. Purchased at Samy’s Fairfax in Nov. 2005, but used only a few days.

dalethorn

Lowering price to $875 USD.

dalethorn

Lowering price to $795.

dalethorn

Lowering price to $695.

dalethorn

Sold for $650.

Fernanso20

I had to use these binoculars and I was not really satisfied. First of all, the focus knob was super stiff and hard to adjust, which was frustrating during use. The image quality was also not as clear as I had hoped. The binoculars seemed to have a lot of chromatic aberrations and the colors appeared washed out. The rubber coating also seemed to peel off easily, which made them feel cheap and flimsy. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Now I am using the Vortex Viper HD 8×42 and I am satisfied with it. The HD glass provides super clear images, even in low light conditions. The build quality is solid and they’re comfortable to hold for extended periods of time.

One of the best features of these binoculars is the fast focus system. It allows you to quickly focus on your target without any fuss. The fully multi-coated lenses are another plus – they increase light transmission and reduce glare.

However, there are a few disadvantages that I’ve noticed. First of all, they’re a bit on the heavier side, so they can get a bit cumbersome after carrying them around for a while. Secondly, the price point is a bit steep compared to some other options in the market.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.