Discussion Forum Leica S System Leica S (Typ 006) Pics with my new Leica S 24mm super-elmar-s
    gm22

I thought I would post a few of my pics. What an awesome camera and lens!

Leica S ISO100 1/1000 f3.5 24mm super-elmar-s

Leica S ISO100 1/90 f5.6 24mm super-elmar-s

Leica S ISO100 1/3 f11 24mm super-elmar-s

Jack MacD

Enjoy it. You have a lens that is still in short supply. Where did you get it?

peterv

Thanks for sharing, two questions if I may:

1 Why’d you take out the EXIF? To me that’s the most interesting part of looking at pics on this forum.

2 What’s the purpose of showing the first picture that you called OOF?

Congratulations and thanks!

gm22

Jack MacD;5603 wrote: Enjoy it. You have a lens that is still in short supply. Where did you get it?

Thanks Jack! I purchased mine at Leica Store Miami. I requested it a few months ago and purchased it along with the S.

gage

gm22

peterv;5606 wrote: Thanks for sharing, two questions if I may:

1 Why’d you take out the EXIF? To me that’s the most interesting part of looking at pics on this forum.

2 What’s the purpose of showing the first picture that you called OOF?

Congratulations and thanks!

Thanks peterv. Honestly, unsure why the EXIF info is not present (I’ll have to look into that), it was not done intentionally.

The first picture was one of my first taken with the 24mm and I couldn’t get the focus correct. After I took it I really liked how the flag is wrapping over the top of the building (looks like I was purposely trying to get it to do that) and even liked the out of focus look.

gage

peterv

Thanks Gage, about the EXIF, if you’re a LR user, you can set ‘include EXIF’ on export. As for the OOF picture, I see what you mean, I think the ‘bokeh’ of this lens looks wonderful in this shot, very smooth and soft.
    The other two really look amazing, sharp and nice contrast into the corners.

Thanks, Peter

Pete Walentin

Nice. 🙂

gm22

Pete Walentin;5624 wrote: Nice. 🙂

Thanks!!!

gm22

peterv;5615 wrote: Thanks Gage, about the EXIF, if you’re a LR user, you can set ‘include EXIF’ on export. As for the OOF picture, I see what you mean, I think the ‘bokeh’ of this lens looks wonderful in this shot, very smooth and soft.
    The other two really look amazing, sharp and nice contrast into the corners.

Thanks, Peter

Peter, thank you and I just fixed my LR settings. If you want me to repost with the EXIF info let me know.

gage

peterv

Thanks Gage, I just wanted to know the aperture you used.
    Congrats on your 24 mm. It looks wonderful.

WPalank

Thanks for the shots Gage.

RE: EXIF, I find that when I use “Save For WEB” in CS6 or CC, even when I click include EXIF, the software continues to strip it. 😡

I believe in CS5 and below there wasn’t even an option to maintain EXIF data.

anGy

Do you guys have an accurate focus with your 24mm ?
    The one I tested is back focussing.
    I know that the center focus sensor is wide and covers a wide area on a wide angle lens, but even with an obvious subject (like a tree in a field) back focussing can be seen (more obvious on far subject, less present when close focussing).
    Moreover judging focus in the viewfinder is not really possible (to my eyes at least) when shooting a far landscape.
    So AF better be accurate (although it seems that focussing just before the infinity symbol do work for most of my shots).

Al Tanabe

anGy;6060 wrote: Do you guys have an accurate focus with your 24mm ?
    The one I tested is back focussing.
    I know that the center focus sensor is wide and covers a wide area on a wide angle lens, but even with an obvious subject (like a tree in a field) back focussing can be seen (more obvious on far subject, less present when close focussing).
    Moreover judging focus in the viewfinder is not really possible (to my eyes at least) when shooting a far landscape.
    So AF better be accurate (although it seems that focussing just before the infinity symbol do work for most of my shots).

I had a similar issue with my 30, it went back for a recalibration and all is fine now.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.