Discussion Forum Leica S System S2 Think about getting the Leica S2 Multifunction Vertical Grip
    PebblePlace

I have been considering buy the grip to help with handheld shooting and have some questions:

1) How much flex is there between the camera and grip?

2) I use the RRS L-Bracket, swapping back forth between the grip and bracket adds to the hassle factor. Any work arounds?

3) There was another post about the Multifunction grip resetting the top panel LCD brightness; any word on when we’ll see a firmware update to address this?

Thanks.

albireo_double

PebblePlace;2882 wrote: I have been considering buy the grip to help with handheld shooting and have some questions:

1) How much flex is there between the camera and grip?

2) I use the RRS L-Bracket, swapping back forth between the grip and bracket adds to the hassle factor. Any work arounds?

3) There was another post about the Multifunction grip resetting the top panel LCD brightness; any word on when we’ll see a firmware update to address this?

Thanks.

Hi,

In my experience:

(ad 1) the flex is not noticeable; the grip definitely improves handheld shooting

(ad 2) not aware of any workarounds with the RRS plate (which I also use) – my work-around is that I either take the tripod/RRS plate with me (and no grip) or just the grip (and no tripod/plate). Did a trip in Uganda in July with just the vertical grip and no tripod…

(ad 3) no idea

Regards,

Martin

ciracrowell

I use the RRS L-bracket with a neoprene Leica Handstrap and Black Rapid R-Strap if I need to shoulder carry. The Black Rapid FastenR-T1 screws through the Handstrap plate into the tripod threads of the L-Bracket. This system has been a sturdy and easily adjustable solution. (Note: must widen the Handstrap plate hole for the Fastenr-T1)

PebblePlace

Thank you for the feedback Martin. I saw a tripod mount on the grip and thought maybe the RRS L-Bracket could be re-used.

I’m probably going to wait on the grip until Photokina (since it’s only about a month away). I want to make sure the grip is forward compatible.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.