Discussion Forum Leica S System Images to Share Young Monk – Burma (Myanmar)
    Arif

Summarit 35; 1/250; F4.8 ISO 640

Comments very welcome.

Thank you,
    Arif
    http://www.arifiqball.com

Attached files

Norman

Arif;270 wrote: Summarit 35; 1/250; F4.8 ISO 640

Comments very welcome.

Thank you,
    Arif
    http://www.arifiqball.com

Stunning shot, Arif!

Pete Walentin

Hi Arif,

My feelings go up and down with this picture. I do love the composition, even if it is a little bit artifical. I do love the motive at all, but I would love to see the young monk a little bit more highlighted apart from the background.

I took a look at the other pictures of your trip to Myanmar. Very nice. Especially the two pictures on the lake with the boats and the fisherman. Great.

Best,
    Pete

David K

I think it’s an excellent capture… especially like the expression on the young monk’s face. I think Pete’s comment is valid… but a matter of personal taste. I’d like it better with a bit of a vignette but, again, that’s personal. Nice work.

Arif

Norman;271 wrote: Stunning shot, Arif!

Thank you Norman, good to see you here.

Pete Walentin;294 wrote: Hi Arif,

My feelings go up and down with this picture. I do love the composition, even if it is a little bit artifical. I do love the motive at all, but I would love to see the young monk a little bit more highlighted apart from the background.

I took a look at the other pictures of your trip to Myanmar. Very nice. Especially the two pictures on the lake with the boats and the fisherman. Great.

Best,
    Pete

Thank you Pete for the comment. In hindsight, I would have taken it from a distance but I was thinking of “two institutions” with one in ruins. Thank you also for taking a look at my Myanmar gallery. I still have a lot to process so please come back and take a look a few months later. Thank you again!

David K;297 wrote: I think it’s an excellent capture… especially like the expression on the young monk’s face. I think Pete’s comment is valid… but a matter of personal taste. I’d like it better with a bit of a vignette but, again, that’s personal. Nice work.

Thank you David, I will play with the vignetting a bit. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Arif

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.