bps6162

Two from a recent collection of shots during an afternoon trip to the Forbidden City (the imperial Palace Museum) in Beijing. The performance of this little camera under some challenging lighting conditions is nothing short of amazing. These shots are of the ceiling of the Pavilion of One Thousand Autumns, ambient lighting.

Attached files

dalethorn

Beautiful motifs – great color. Did you by chance run across the (don’t know what it’s called or where it is) long corridor that has a series of overhead tapestries? There are some amazing sights in China.

bps6162

No, I didn’t get to see that part of the Palace. I was playing hookey during for a few hours during a meeting I was attending and could only spend an afternoon taking the out-of-doors south to north route. I hope the next time I’m in Beijing I will have nore time to visit some of the sights I haven’t seen.

On a related note, I was surprised to see the sky in some places. Even through the day was clear and the sun was quite intense, there seems to have been a haze that renders the sky turquoise at times.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.