- July 11, 2022 at 3:34 am #29152Night.Owl.Early.BirdNew MemberJoin Date: Jul 2022Posts: 1Offline
Bought a Leica Macro Elmar M 1:4/90mm recently to serve dual purpose as a compact telephoto and for digitizing film.
All images digitized were shot using Leica M-A on Ilford Delta 400.
Digitizing kit used:
1. Fujifilm X-Pro3 Body. The 1.5x crop APS-C sensor has an advantage considering the 1:2 reproduction ratio of the Macro Elmar M with adapter
2. Leica Macro Elmar M 1:4/90mm (11670)
3. Leica Macro Adapter M (14652)
4. Fujifilm X-mount to Leica M-mount adapter
5. Negative Supply 95 CRI 4×5 Light Source Basic
6. Negative Supply Film Carrier Mk 1
7. Capture One 22 Pro
8. Adobe Photoshop CS6
Images were digitized at
2. Auto shutter speed
3. +2 EV
Images were exported from Capture One Pro as 16bit tiff before editing in Photoshop CS6
It was difficult focusing on film grain using either LCD on the X-Pro3 or tethered live view from Capture One.
Therefore focus meter on Capture One was used instead.
Attached are some samples.
Conclusion: Yes the Leica Macro Elmar M 1:4/90mm can be used for digitizing film with good results. Film grain was resolved with negligible distortions (see sample Pro-Capture One 00039_00.jpg) observed .
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.