Discussion Forum Leica S System S2 Does the new Handgrip work with the S2
    IceMan

Hi there
    Here in Switzerland the handgrip for the new S is half price compared to the one for the S2. Any reasons? Does the new one work with the older S2?
    Cheers
    Peter

constable

Hi Peter

What new grip? I can confirm that my old one works well on the S … So logic says that the opposite should be true.

Where are you in Switzerland? If close to Basel, you are welcome to try my old grip.
    Ed

IceMan

Hi Ed
    Thanks for your post. Good to know. Leica CH says the new grip won’t work on the S2, but can’t (or won’t) explain why. Fact is the new one is 730 CHF and the old one 1250 CHF. I will bring my S2 to the shop and will try here in Zurich. Nothing else to do. But thanks for your offer 🙂
    Cheers
    Peter

issa918

Hi Peter,

Leica S CS in Solm told me it would work. Cheers.

IceMan;4376 wrote: Hi Ed
    Thanks for your post. Good to know. Leica CH says the new grip won’t work on the S2, but can’t (or won’t) explain why. Fact is the new one is 730 CHF and the old one 1250 CHF. I will bring my S2 to the shop and will try here in Zurich. Nothing else to do. But thanks for your offer 🙂
    Cheers
    Peter

IceMan

Thanks Issa!
    Cheers
    Peter

Josh Lehrer

I can also confirm that the new S hand grip works just fine on the S2. I tested it here at the store, the grip reads the extra battery just fine.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.