Discussion Forum Leica S System Images to Share Freddie March Memorial Trophy
    Rolophoto

70mm, 1/500s, f2.5, ISO 1250

At Goodwood Revival, Sept 13, 2013.

Race was cut short due to poor weather conditions.

No. 8 Frazer Nash Le Mans Race Replica driven by Hunt/Hall

No. 17 Aston Martin DB3 driven by Melling/Hall

Thanks for looking. 🙂

Attached files

Doug

The light is great, and so is the soupy atmosphere… I’d be happy with this one!

Pete Walentin

Really nice. I have the Goodwood Revival still on my list. Would love to see more images.

Cheers,
    Pete

Rolophoto

It’s a great event with a wide variety of subjects available.

If you visit my Flickr Goodwood Revival Set:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/rolophoto/sets/72157624995006816/
    you’ll see a number of images take during three visits.

Gary

Attached files

Rolophoto

I avoid the racing and shoot what’s going on around the track.

The race I did shoot was in poor conditions and causing me to shoot wide, panning, at high ISO and pick my shots. Not something that the S2 is built for. 🙂

There was a Canon 1Dx clattering away next to me and hardly any of his shots were in focus. Spray and pray approach !

Attached files

Rolophoto

Bit of overkill, but thought this would give a flavour for the event.

All these taken with the S2 and the 70mm Summarit-S. Carried the camera, bag and a 35mm for two long days. Third day I took just Canon 1v and a Ricoh GRD4.

🙂

Gary

Attached files

Pete Walentin

Thanks a lot. I love each and every shot. I must go there. 🙂

Rolophoto

Pete Walentin;5540 wrote: Thanks a lot. I love each and every shot. I must go there. 🙂

Thanks, Peter.

Be aware that there are a lot of returning customers and accommodation in the area is difficult to secure. For next September, it would be good to have a bed in place by the end of January.

Need to get your entry ticket by May.

In addition to the hotels & B&B, there is low cost accommodation at the University and on camp sites. Last year I stayed in B&B for £150 a night; this year I camped in a National Trust orchard just 4 miles away from the race circuit. Cost was £11.40 for 4 nights ! Great food at local pubs.

Beauty was that travelling the back roads took just 10 minutes and I rarely came across another car until I reached the queue for the car park. 🙂

Pete Walentin

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the info. Do you have any idea when they announce the dates for the next year?

Cheers,
    Pete

Rolophoto

Pete Walentin;5554 wrote: Hi Gary,
    Thanks for the info. Do you have any idea when they announce the dates for the next year? Cheers,s
    Pete

I anticipate the dates will be available before the end of this year. It’s bound to be Friday 12 September through 14th.

Tickets are available for each day, or for the event which has a substantial saving. Grandstand seating and the main paddock are extra. I’ve avoided both of those so far. Other paddocks, trackside and the aircraft display are included in the ticket price.

All days are busy, but Friday is the quietest. Sunday is like Ladies Day at Ascot.

Hope that helps. :rolleyes:

Gary.

Imran520

Rolophoto;5305 wrote: 70mm, 1/500s, f2.5, ISO 1250

At Goodwood Revival, Sept 13, 2013.

Race was cut short due to poor weather conditions.

No. 8 Frazer Nash Le Mans Race Replica driven by Hunt/Hall

No. 17 Aston Martin DB3 driven by Melling/Hall

Thanks for looking. 🙂

It is also looking nice & attractive seen of night lighting.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.