David K

Recently had the opportunity to shoot at one of my favorite local venues…a local ranch in Jupiter Farms. Maxim, Sports Illustrated, etc. pay big bucks to shoot here but fortunately my model, Courtney, used to babysit for the owner 🙂

Here are a couple from the grounds…early morning before the fog burned off.

Attached files

David K

And here are a few with Courtney and Roxy (who is a granddaughter of Secretariat)…

Attached files

David K

Lastly, Courtney in calendar girl mode with the owner’s Shelby Mustang…

Attached files

Can I ask again what lens for the model shots? I’m trying to decide between a 70 and a 120, and can’t get both. I’m finding it hard to see the difference in the look of these two lenses…

Thanks

Mark Gowin

Courtney is a beautiful model and you did great job photographing her. I hope you share more of this session.

David K

Guest;1356 wrote: Can I ask again what lens for the model shots? I’m trying to decide between a 70 and a 120, and can’t get both. I’m finding it hard to see the difference in the look of these two lenses…

Thanks

The model shots were taken with the 70mm. If I could only have either the 70mm or the 120mm I would take the 70mm as I find it more versatile for what I shoot. Until I got the S2 I rarely used the “normal” lens. Now it’s my most used lens of the lineup.

David K

Mark Gowin;1357 wrote: Courtney is a beautiful model and you did great job photographing her. I hope you share more of this session.

Here’s one from the lingerie set Mark. There was one other set with the car where I wound up with excessive flare due to placement of the background light (my bad). Josh has suggested some post processing tips which I will try and if it works I’ll post one or two of those. Thanks for the kind words. BTW, Courtney has been contacted by America’s Next Top Model based on the portfolio I’ve done for her. She is thrilled and I am excited for her.

Attached files

David K

Mark Gowin;1357 wrote: Courtney is a beautiful model and you did great job photographing her. I hope you share more of this session.

Here’s one from the lingerie set Mark. There was one other set with the car where I wound up with excessive flare due to placement of the background light (my bad). Josh has suggested some post processing tips which I will try and if it works I’ll post one or two of those. Thanks for the kind words. BTW, Courtney has been contacted by America’s Next Top Model based on the portfolio I’ve done for her. She is thrilled and I am excited for her.

Attached files

Jack MacD

Excellent work, and none would be improved by turning them into triptychs.

Mark Gowin

Jack MacD;1361 wrote: Excellent work, and none would be improved by turning them into triptychs.

Good one Jack. Although three different, but complementary images of Courtney would make a nice triptych of sorts.

David K. That is great news for Courtney and I it should be a source of pride for you.

David K;1358 wrote: The model shots were taken with the 70mm. If I could only have either the 70mm or the 120mm I would take the 70mm as I find it more versatile for what I shoot. Until I got the S2 I rarely used the “normal” lens. Now it’s my most used lens of the lineup.

Thanks very much for the info and the large picture. I do like a normal lens for this kind of shooting (for me a 65mm on 645).

Nice work.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.