rawburnt

I’ve had my Q2 (first Leica) for about 5 months now and I gotta say that it’s an impressive piece of tech. I’m still using the auto focus for now, but am slowly getting comfortable with the range finding approach. With enough practice, I’ll get the hang of it.

With that said, I had a technical question regarding bokeh and shutter speed and whether there was a correlation. I have not done enough testing to verify this claim, but I suspect that if I go beyond the 1/2000th mechanical shutter and use the higher electronic shutter speeds, this makes the bokeh look more like camera shake. I’ve noticed on a few pictures that instead of a smooth blurred item, it looks doubled with some blur. Has anyone else had this happen? I’m wide often open at f1.7 aperture priority with ISO at 50.

I’ve included a photo where if you look to the upper right side to the black sign with a logo. It says “Sushi Shop”. If you look closely there are lines running through the fonts like a de-interlaced video. To me this looks like a glitch. Am i wrong on this? There are a few images that have this where the blurred background feels like shake rather than the more uniform blur you get from correct bokeh. I’m not much of an obsessive one for these kinds of technical questions, but was curious if anyone else has had this issue and if there was a solution? If this has been addressed in another forum, do point me in the right direction. Cheers.

rawburnt

Trying to upload example image here:

ralphhope

This is really interesting. I’ve seen this too and assumed it was nisen-boken (a lens artfact), but I think you might be right– the times that this is worst is when I’m above 1/2000th

jonazop

Since the release of the camera there has been lots of internet chatter about more Q cameras with different focal lengths (principally a 35 or 50). But Leica’s attitude was that having a 28mm lens with framelines for 35 and 50 gave maximum flexibility.

jonazop

The Leica Q2 features a newly developed 47.3 megapixel full frame sensor that captures both richly-detailed still pictures and 4K video in brilliant quality at ISO sensitivities up to 50,000.
    techzpod download mobdro

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.