agencal

Hi,
    I ama a ver happy M user.I have bought nearly every lens in M line up including the newest ones like 28mm summilux.
    At the end i have cocluded with two lenses.24mm elmar and 50mm apo.They made me fill me like i am using medium format.But this weekend i had a chance to use my friends S 007 with some lenses and it blow me away ???
    I need to buy an S sytem ad soon as possible.
    I am shooting mostly travel,landscape and city scape and macro.(Macro is with d810 and Voigtlander 125mm Apo Lanthar.)
    I know the most used angle is more important but i am a pixel peeper and most of the time quality comes before usage.So if i say 120mm macro is must than what would be your two lens or max three lens set up for S when technical perfection is in mind?
    S is big and heavy for travel photography so do you think it is a bad move to sell M set up for S? But wait S is amazing ?
    (By the way sorry for my English☺️)

Doug

Welcome to Leica S desire! The 70mm is an obvious place to start, and a versatile choice, relatively economical too. I had the advantage of a large Pentax 67 system so I could use those lenses while I considered what other S lenses I might want to get. I ended up with the 35mm Summarit and later the 100 Summicron. For the infrequent macro/closeup use I am happy enough with the Pentax 100mm macro, so my situation may be quite different from yours. For a macro S lens, there’s just one choice, and it’s a good one. The other thing about acquiring S lenses is to consider whether you need the leaf shutter versions or not, as most are available either way. I advise scanning through this RedDot forum to find picture threads to give you an idea of the “look” of the various choices. Have fun!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.