Discussion Forum Leica M System Images to Share Some shots with M240 and Noct
    melantye

Just received the M240 from Josh last week and I want to say that I had so much fun shooting it. I recently upgraded my S2 to S, but the S is kind of boring partly because it is so perfect.

The new shutter sound is much softer and is quite addictive, I’m glad I will never embarrass myself in a quiet room anymore. I remember when I use the discreet mode in M9, I always find myself coughing loudly to cover the recocking sound…;)

With the live view it’s much easier to use the noctilux now, but still RF is faster for most situations. Here are some recent shots:

M240 has amazing colors, though a bit warm from times to times…

A b/w conversion

At first I thought she was taking the photo on campus, but then when I zoom it in she is talking self iPad portrait…

I forgot to turn to continuous shooting mode here so unfortunately missed focus at 0.95 as the guy is moving pretty fast on his nano scooter…

Also, as mentioned by some users, if you format your SD card in SD formatter (v4), very likely the start up time will be much faster for M240. I did this to my SDXC 95mb/s card with success.

Yong

Scott997

Congrats on your M! What lens did you shoot the 2nd picture with?

melantye

Scott997;4607 wrote: Congrats on your M! What lens did you shoot the 2nd picture with?

Thanks Scott! They’re all captured with the Noctilux 0.95

David K

Shooting a moving target with the Noct wide open and nailing focus is like winning Powerball 🙂

melantye

David K;4610 wrote: Shooting a moving target with the Noct wide open and nailing focus is like winning Powerball 🙂

Indeed I hope my brain can incorporate something like the new S camera’s predictive focusing:)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.