GMB

Does anyone know when these two lenses will be available and, more importantly, have a link to a “test”. I thought they should have been delivered in November but may be wrong.

David Farkas

GMB;3828 wrote: Does anyone know when these two lenses will be available and, more importantly, have a link to a “test”. I thought they should have been delivered in November but may be wrong.

The two new lenses were/are slated to be released in December. With the Holidays coming up, I’m assuming that means early January.

GMB

David Farkas;3829 wrote: The two new lenses were/are slated to be released in December. With the Holidays coming up, I’m assuming that means early January.

Thanks David.

Just wonder why the Holidays (i.e., Christmas–sorry but that’s what it is) would delay it to January? The date of the Christmas was know when the anouncment was made–I assume :confused:

Mark Gowin

I had the pleasure of shooting a few frames with the zoom and 24mm at PhotoPlus. Unfortunately, I can’t share my photos since the lens were prototypes. I have been wanting the 30-90mm zoom ever since the S system was announced. Needless to say, I had high expectations for that lens and it didn’t disappoint. The images have the same S lens characteristic and the out of focus areas looked very pleasing to me (that was one of my main concerns). There are 3 things that one show keep in mind with this lens: 1) it is heavier than the 35mm or 70mm; 2) the lens barrel extends with zoom; and 3) the lens hood appears to be better suited for the wide end of the zoom (not sure it will do much for use at 90mm). I will get one as soon as funding and availability permit.

The 24mm was a surprise for me. I didn’t have any desire for a lens that wide. I changed my mind after seeing a few images from the lens. It will have to wait until after I get the 30-90mm, but it is now in the wish list whereas before it wasn’t even a consideration.

Hopefully we won’t have to wait much longer for David to get the lenses in and show us the goods.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.