Discussion Forum Leica S System S2 Display broken after Firmware update
    Pete Walentin

Everything was fine before. Just updated the firmware. Camera automatically turned off. I turned the camera on and now it has a nice black, shimmering line through the whole display. GREAT!

This is already my 2nd camera and I’m starting to really get annoyed.

Does anyone experienced the same problem or does anyone have an idea?

Thanks,
    Pete

David Farkas

Pete Walentin;598 wrote: Everything was fine before. Just updated the firmware. Camera automatically turned off. I turned the camera on and now it has a nice black, shimmering line through the whole display. GREAT!

This is already my 2nd camera and I’m starting to really get annoyed.

Does anyone experienced the same problem or does anyone have an idea?

Thanks,
    Pete

Pete,

I alerted Leica to your problem (which we’ve never seen before, BTW). I just heard back that reloading the firmware will resolve the issue and that the technicians in Germany are looking for the underlying cause.

Pete Walentin

David Farkas;599 wrote: Pete,

I alerted Leica to your problem (which we’ve never seen before, BTW). I just heard back that reloading the firmware will resolve the issue and that the technicians in Germany are looking for the underlying cause.

Hi David,

Thanks for your quick reply and your effort. I already tried to reload the firmware but unfortunately that does not solve the problem. I can not tell if reloading the firmware properly works. The camera is showing a short “loading”, the red light is flashing a few times and then the camera shuts down again as it has done during the first update. This process is only taking a few second. But as said the problem is still the same.

Josh Lehrer

Pete:

The S2 firmware update process takes 3-5 minutes, so if it is only lasting a few seconds, it is possible that the firmware file itself is corrupt. I might try re-downloading it from Leica’s website, re-formatting the memory card, and give the process another try.

Josh

Pete Walentin

Josh Lehrer;601 wrote: Pete:

The S2 firmware update process takes 3-5 minutes, so if it is only lasting a few seconds, it is possible that the firmware file itself is corrupt. I might try re-downloading it from Leica’s website, re-formatting the memory card, and give the process another try.

Josh

Hi Josh,

The first update took a few minutes but trying to reload the firmware only takes a few seconds.

Josh Lehrer

Pete:

You are correct, I was mistaken, you cannot re-install the same version of the firmware on the S2 from my experience. Another option might be to downgrade the firmware to the previous version, then upgrade again. I can email you the previous version if you cannot find it online.

Pete Walentin

Josh Lehrer;603 wrote: Pete:

You are correct, I was mistaken, you cannot re-install the same version of the firmware on the S2 from my experience. Another option might be to downgrade the firmware to the previous version, then upgrade again. I can email you the previous version if you cannot find it online.

Let’s give it a try. Would be very kind of you. Thanks.

Pete

Josh Lehrer

There is a link to email me in my signature, please send me a message and I will send firmware your way.

Pete Walentin

Camera is on the way to Solms. Even if it is always a pain when those kind a things happen, the support from the community, especially David and Josh and from Leica is extraordinary. They really take care.

Thanks.

Pete

Mark Gowin

Pete, I hate to hear about the problem with your S2. That is an odd one. However, it’s great to hear you are getting great support for David, Josh, and Leica. Hopefully, your S2 will get turned around quickly.

David Farkas

Pete Walentin;615 wrote: Camera is on the way to Solms. Even if it is always a pain when those kind a things happen, the support from the community, especially David and Josh and from Leica is extraordinary. They really take care.

Thanks.

Pete

Pete,

Sorry we couldn’t get you sorted out without a trip back to Solms. I’m sure the turnaround will be quick.

Pete Walentin

Camera is back home. Received it Wednesday, so it took around a week. They changed the display.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.