Discussion Forum Leica S System S2 Help please ! prb with SanDisk 64GB SDXC Memory Card Extreme Pro Class 10 UHS-I
    Iceandfire

Hello,
    I’ve just receive my news SD card SanDisk 64GB SDXC Memory Card Extreme Pro Class 10 UHS-I, I put in my S2 and problem !!! I can’t formating or anything…
    I’ve the last firmware 10.3.3…
    Have you an genius idea for my problem please ?
    many thanks,
    Sébastien

Iceandfire

Well well ! I’ve reformat on my mac in ms-dos fat and it’s work !!
    good !! 😎

David Farkas

The S2 doesn’t officially support SDXC cards. The new S camera will, so I assume this is something that can be updated via firmware, seeing as how both cameras have the same Maestro processor.

My suggestion would be to hold off using the new 64GB card until it is officially supported via firmware. It might work now, but I would be wary of losing images.

aleezy

Nice surprise about this shorter form. Can you tell us what it is you are talking/writing about?
    Has any info. about this shorter form been posted before (and i just missed it)?

Alex AR

I also had problems with SDXC cards on the S… the reason was that they were pre-formatted in ExFAT or something like that. The S could not read or format them. Then I returned the card. I wrote to Leica and they told me that I should reformat the card in the Mac and that it should work then in the S. I could not try it as I had already returned the SDXC, but in any case, if somebody else has the problem, pls. try reformatting on the Mac (or PC) first.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.