Discussion Forum Leica S System S2 How are your buttons set?
    allegretto

With 6 available buttons to assign I find myself setting and second-guessing what I guess you’d call “camera work flow”

For me it’s;

upper left – ISO
    lower left – exp compensation
    lower right – AF mode
    upper right – mirror lock up (but also used metering mode here when in potential backlit situations)
    button – AE-L + AF-L
    wheel – shooting mode

but I must admit I’m not sure. Read where some use the button for AF-L and of course one can set the wheel for short or long press

So just curious as to others usage…

thanks

Josh Lehrer

When I shoot with the S2, here is what I set the buttons to:

• Upper Left: ISO

• Lower Left: Drive Mode (gives me easy access to 2-Second Self Timer which incorporates mirror lockup)

• Upper Right: Exposure Compensation (especially useful now that no button press is needed to confirm the selection, and is visible live in the viewfinder)

• Lower Right: Bracketing (a feature we use a lot, especially with the new “auto” feature)

• Front Button: Depth of Field preview when shooting landscape, and Key Lock when working in the studio so we don’t accidentally change any settings.

• Rear AF button: Always set this to auto focus, the shutter I use for AE lock.

• Rear wheel: Always set to “Long Push” to avoid accidental mode changes
    Pete Walentin

Here we go:

Upper left: ISO

Lower left: Bracketing

Upper right: Exposure Compensation

Lower right: Mirror Lockup (I do change from time to time the Drive Mode but as it is only two clicks away to get there I prefered Mirror Lockup.)

Rear Button: AF-L (AE-L with half-pressed shutter)

Wheel – Long Push (Haven’t played with this button so far.)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.