Discussion Forum Leica S System S Lenses Impressions of the new 24 and 30-90 from Photokina
    David Farkas

GPLeica

David,

Here’s a basic question. How do you think the lens hood will function on the new zoom….is it really only functional for use at the 30mm focal length?

Geoffrey

David Farkas

GPLeica;3383 wrote: David,

Here’s a basic question. How do you think the lens hood will function on the new zoom….is it really only functional for use at the 30mm focal length?

Geoffrey

Good question. Honestly, I don’t know. The answer will have to wait until I get a chance to test the lens.

Mark Gowin

THe hood does appear to be rather short and wide so I don’t see how it can be very effective at 90mm especially since it appears to be attached to the end of the extending portion of the lens barrel.

If it were attached at the non-moving portion of the lens and the lens extends for the wider angle focal lengths and is fully retracted for 90mm then the hood could be more effective.

This is something I will be looking at when I see the lens at PhotoPlus in a few weeks. If the hood design is not effective at all focal lengths then it won’t be a deal breaker for me. It is something that will need to be considered in use.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.