aleyumo

Hi, everybody,
    I downloaded the v2.2 at the very beginning of January 2017. And I was much surprised when I saw on my iMac that the file downloaded was the size of 118.3 MB instead of 112.77 MB as declared on the Leica site. Then I was even more surprised when I found out that v2.2 and v2.0 are absolutely identical in sizes up to Byte: v2.2 has 118,253,056 Bytes (118.3 MB) and v2.0 has the same 118,253,056 Bytes (118.3 MB). The File unique identifier shows the differences in hashes, it can be explained by some corruption in one of files.
    I do not know how it can be that the declared by Leica the file v2.2 size of 112.77 MB turns into 118.3 MB under downloading, but I know that it can not be, ie if the sizeof a file you want to download is shown as 112.77 MB, it must be the same when being downloaded.
    So, I have two questions on this matter:
    1) How to explain it that the Firmware v2.2 of the size of 112.77 MB, as declared by Leica, in reality turns into the file size of 118.3 MB, as being downloaded on the computer;
    2) How to explain this odd coincidence in sizes up to Byte with two Firmwares: v2.2 and v2.0. As I mentioned above these both files have the same size: 118,253,056 Bytes.
    All that looks very suspicious and do not cause any trust to v2.2 posted on official Leica site for our downloading.
    Some of Leica local staff tried to convince me that the figure of 112.77 is equal to 118.3 and advised me to not pay much attention to this difference.
    But I know that the programming and computing are the very accurate matters based on the mathematical algorithms, that don’t allow to play with numbers as one like and consider the numbers 112.77 and 118.3 as the same.
    My attempts to understand this case / issue with the us support team did not give me any result so far.
    Your thoughts on this case will be much appreciated as well as the info on how i can reach Mr.Oliver Caltner or Mr. Markus Limberger from Leica AG by email.
    Thank you all of us in advance.
    Al

• This topic was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by  aleyumo.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.