Discussion Forum Leica M System M8 and M8.2 M8u, sell or not to sell?
    FMB

Dear M8 owners

I’ve my M8 as a back camera, I’ve also an M9 with a good set of Leica lenses, and I’m thinking if now is a good moment to try selling the camera alone or with the Elmarit 2,8 24mm.

Some main questions:

– Is it easier to sell only the camera or camera+lens?
    – Which do you consider is the price for both alternatives? Both in a very mint condition.

I’m preparing to upgrade my M9 to M9-P or buy eventually a next M10.

My best regards for all of you,

Francisco.

David Farkas

FMB;148 wrote: Dear M8 owners

I’ve my M8 as a back camera, I’ve also an M9 with a good set of Leica lenses, and I’m thinking if now is a good moment to try selling the camera alone or with the Elmarit 2,8 24mm.

Some main questions:

– Is it easier to sell only the camera or camera+lens?
    – Which do you consider is the price for both alternatives? Both in a very mint condition.

I’m preparing to upgrade my M9 to M9-P or buy eventually a next M10.

My best regards for all of you,

Francisco.

Hi Francisco,

Welcome to Red Dot Forum!

Generally speaking, it is easier to sell M bodies and lenses separately, especially when the bundled lens is a more specialized one like a 24. Unless you are selling something like a M9/50 Lux or M8/35 Cron combo you are unlikely to find a buyer for a kit.

Values range from about $2800-$3400 for an M8u depending on what upgrades are installed and the condition. The 24mm Elmarit ASPH is worth about $2500 in mint condition. It might be a bit more if 6-bit coded.

Hope this helps.

David

Jack MacD

I agree with David on selling separate, but occasionally a buyer needs a lens you have.
    That happened when I sold my M8.

FMB

Thank you both. I thought the set M8u + 24 mm. (viewfinder frame and 32 mm. fov) could be very interesting for a new buyer.

Francisco.

ka7197

When you sell the Elmarit-M 24 mm Asph now then I’m 98 % sure you WILL regret later.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.