pophoto

I’m just wondering how many of you chose to go with the S2P over the regular S2 and how your experience have been. Any regrets to spending extra for the P for the Sapphire glass and service?

Kurt Kamka

I went with the S2P and have not regretted my decision at all. As my camera was still under warranty, I recently sent my S2 to Germany to have the top LED replaced as it wasn’t as bright as it should be.

Having a replacement camera ready (it arrived before I shipped my camera to Leica for service) allowed me to not miss a step in being able to shoot a couple of paid assignments with the loaner Leica provided. The S2 has become such an integral part of all that I shoot, that the extra expense has been worthy of the peace of mind it has offered me.

hikemate

I am happy I brought the s2p. my camera was dead in a few days. I received a loaner over night. and a new camera in a few days and I can transfer the warranty

GMB

Saw no need for the S2P. Got an S2 with a special protection for the LCD screen. The difference in price is almost a lens.

Josh Lehrer

The regular S2 is considerably more popular than the S2-P, especially because a Premium or Platinum service package can be purchased along with a regular S2, at any point during the camera’s one year warranty. The S2-P is designed for high-use environments such as catalog photographers, rental studios, etc, where the camera will undergo lots of heavy use. Our demo cameras are both S2-P bodies, and have been shipped many, many times all over the world. I have yet to see a single mark on either camera’s rear LCD, a true testament to the strength of the sapphire glass.

A Giottos screen protector or something similar is a great idea for a regular S2 if the camera is being moved around frequently.

pophoto

Thanks for replies guys, proving helpful whichever way I go!
    Confusing, I know 😛

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.