Discussion Forum Leica M System M Monochrom The M Monochrome and Lightroom 4
    rtrimarchi

When I import files into LR4 previews are not visible in the import dialog window. Also LR does not indicate the aperture setting in the metadata. Is anyone else having this issue and is there a workaround?

Mark Nockleby

For what it’s worth, I’m not seeing aperture in the metadata in Capture One as well (I do see it with my M8). I’m still on firmware 0.017. I haven’t updated to the latest firmware yet.

rtrimarchi;4604 wrote: When I import files into LR4 previews are not visible in the import dialog window. Also LR does not indicate the aperture setting in the metadata. Is anyone else having this issue and is there a workaround?

Scott997

On M lenses we manually control the focus and aperture. There is no digital type of communication between the lens and the body. The lenses with 6bit coding simply means the body reads the codes off of the bayonet ring. That could throw you off into thinking there is data being transmitted back in forth but theres not.
    On the M9 the aperture values we see are an approximation, not actual. Sometimes they are close, sometimes not. By looking at your photo and shutter speed you could probably guess more accurately!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.