- November 14, 2011 at 2:46 pm #1481hikemateNew MemberJoin Date: Jul 2011Posts: 15Offline
Can I buy and attach the rici to my 120 (for my s2p) or my 90 f4 macro lens (on my m9). will it work as a macro flash
- November 14, 2011 at 3:20 pm #1483David FarkasNewbieHollywood, FLJoin Date: Aug 2014Posts: 414Currently using:
Leica M, Leica S, Leica SL, Leica CLOffline
hikemate;1291 wrote: Can I buy and attach the rici to my 120 (for my s2p) or my 90 f4 macro lens (on my m9). will it work as a macro flash
The SU-800 Commander for the R1C1 does have the ability to control the SB-R200 flashes in M mode so it should work, although I have not personally tried.
The R1C1 does come with a 72mm adapter ring which would fit on your 120 S lens. The smallest adapter ring in the kit is 52mm, which is still too large for your 90mm Macro-Elmar (39mm). My other concern would be putting something that large on the front of the 90mm, which is a collapsible design. On the other side, the largest ring is 77mm, so you wouldn't be able to mount the R1C1 on the 70 or 35.
- November 15, 2011 at 7:00 pm #1504IceManNew MemberJoin Date: Oct 2011Posts: 14Offline
I happen to have both and have tried. Doesn't seem to be working: can't get the flashes to fire. Neither in manual nor in TTL mode. Anything I'm missing?
- November 15, 2011 at 7:02 pm #1505IceManNew MemberJoin Date: Oct 2011Posts: 14Offline
Sorry: On the S2 with the 120 and the R1C1 ..
- November 16, 2011 at 1:46 am #1507constableNew MemberJoin Date: Oct 2011Posts: 59Offline
I confirm what IceMan has found. I cannot get this same combination to fire.
- November 16, 2011 at 2:19 am #1508stephanNew MemberJoin Date: Nov 2011Posts: 100Offline
I'm not surprised. The SU800 is a data transmission tool for iTTL, not just a simple IR-trigger. It probably needs some processing power or data input from the camera to work, even in manual mode.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.