Discussion Forum Leica S System Leica S (Typ 006) Leica S (006) Firmware Update Ver 2.4.0.0
    WPalank

Surprised this isn’t being discussed anywhere. The recent issue of LFI (received my Print Issue yesterday Aug 14 and download from LFI App was probably available 2 days ago) states in a surprising 1 page spread, that the new Ver. 2.4.0.0 should fix Auto Focus Issues with most Lenses through a newish Technology.
    Firmware 2.4.0.0 Release date was stated as yesterday Aug 14. Not there. With many different Portals into the leica AG site, in the past people find the official download in other areas of the site that aren’t so obvious. Anyone know where it is, found it? Have a Leica S thing tomorrow morning and would love to download before leaving the house and would love to see if it fixes issues with the 120 CS.
    I am not looking for Alpha, or Beta Firmware, just a possible link to the Official Download on Leica AG. Thanks in advance.

vintola

I have been wondering the same. There is a little discussion about the new firmware here:

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-s-typ-006-s2-forum/341591-new-leica-s-firmware-announced-latest.html
    – vintola –

WPalank

Ben Ross, Leica S Rep USA, was at a Leica Event today with 6 S Cameras. I asked him about the Update, he said he had no idea but stated one of his cameras had a Beta Version loaded and handed it to me with 120 CS lens attached. Night and Day Folks, Night and Day. I was in a darkish room and started testing AF on objects around the room, it just Focuses right to it. No hunting, just nailed it every time. If the Official Release is anything like Beta, or potentially better, we ALL should be VERY happy.

Paratom

WPalank;8593 wrote: Ben Ross, Leica S Rep USA, was at a Leica Event today with 6 S Cameras. I asked him about the Update, he said he had no idea but stated one of his cameras had a Beta Version loaded and handed it to me with 120 CS lens attached. Night and Day Folks, Night and Day. I was in a darkish room and started testing AF on objects around the room, it just Focuses right to it. No hunting, just nailed it every time. If the Official Release is anything like Beta, or potentially better, we ALL should be VERY happy.

This sounds great. I wasnt really that happy with the AF hunting and have missed some shots in the past because of that. For me it would be a real step forward.

peterv

http://s-league.net/ceemes/en/news/firmware-updates-fuer-s-system-758.html

Sounds like the goodies will only be there for the S. I wonder why? Is the processor in the S2 slower, perhaps?

WPalank

So far, so good. Downloaded an using it now. Confused why Leica S Rep, Ben Ross would tell me it is unnecessary to Update Lens Firmware in 006, as he told me square to my face it is done by updating the Firmware only. Absolutely not true!
    After Updaing Firmware, messages will demand that you Update Lens Firmware as well, which is available.

RVB

I installed this and the cam is telling me that there are Lens updates available when I switch it on,but the lens firmware on the owners area is not new..

120cs is LEICA APO-MACRO-SUMMARIT-S 1:2.5/120 CS 132.35.7.0

I have this installed and still its telling me to update ..

Rob

hkgmatt

I installed this and the cam is telling me that there are Lens updates available when I switch it on,but the lens firmware on the owners area is not new..

You will need to perform the firmware install with each lens. When downloading the firmware from the Leica website, you will find only the camera firmware, but it will contain the lens firmware as well. After you have updated the camera firmware, and you attach a new lens, it will show you that the lens firmware will require updating. Simply repeat the install process (pressing the joystick when turning the camera on) with each new lens and you should be set.

RVB

Thanks for this… it was very helpful!

Rob

WPalank

Yup….In case it isn’t clear from the Discussion above. Download Frimware 2.4.0.0. Then place on a Lens. if you turn on the Camera you will get the message about Lens Update. Turn off Camera. now hold in AE Button and Turn on Camera. LCD Screen will inform you there is an Update in progress. Turn Off Camera.
    Mount the Next Lens. this time just Hold down AE Button and turn on Camera. Repeat until all Lenses have been updated.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.