- July 2, 2013 at 1:37 pm #3992
One of my favorite models asked to do a lingerie shoot…who am I to say no 🙂 Leica S2 and 70mm lens.
- July 2, 2013 at 8:27 pm #3993Jack MacDEstablished MemberUSA, St. Louis, MO and Phoenix, AZJoin Date: Jun 2011Posts: 367Currently using:
Leica M, Leica S, Leica CLOffline
Looks like you will be safe here from the saltwater waves of the beach.
- July 3, 2013 at 1:49 am #3994rootbeerNew MemberJoin Date: Apr 2013Posts: 13Offline
So David, since she asked you did she pay you?
Beautiful model she is.
- July 3, 2013 at 2:48 pm #3998
@ Jack…I'm shooting with a loaner from David while my S2 is on it's way to Germany. Don't want to abuse his hospitality by getting saltwater on his gear. But I did get splashed a bit on the shower shots 🙂
@ Jim…not only does she not pay me, I don't even get a percentage of her what she makes on all the paying jobs I get her!! But I do get a lot of personal satisfaction when the results are this good.
- July 3, 2013 at 5:19 pm #4000stephanNew MemberJoin Date: Nov 2011Posts: 100Offline
very nice shot! Would you consider to share some settings? (for me the 70 doesn't work well if I don't stop down)
- July 3, 2013 at 8:22 pm #4001
I intended to shoot all of these wide open…but inadvertently stopped down to f/3.4 on the first one. The others were at f/2.5. Shutter speed was 1/500th for all shots which were hand held using AF. My 70mm is the new CS version. For whatever reason I have a feeling that my new 70mm is sharper than my old one and focuses better. Not basing this on any scientific analysis…simply a gut feeling coupled with a much higher percentage of in focus shots. Here's a crop of a wide open shot to give you a better idea of sharpness and focus.
- July 4, 2013 at 3:50 am #4004
Extremely well done David. Of course a beautiful model helps considerably. Thank you for the crop – it is much easier to see that the model has great eyes.
- July 4, 2013 at 1:25 pm #4007
Mark, she does have beautiful eyes. Here's a heavy crop of a shot taken with the M9 and the .095 Noct at f/1.2. I rarely use this combination when shooting models but when I do I really like the results.
- July 5, 2013 at 12:51 am #4009
I am impressed with your focusing skills with the Nocti. I know from experience that it isn't easy nailing the focus point where you want it with that lens. The least amount of body sway or subject movement will throw it off due to the shallow dof.
So I see the model is wearing something reddish/pinkish in this latest crop whereas she is wearing white in the previous photos. Hopefully, you can share some more photos of this beautiful model.
- July 6, 2013 at 2:55 am #4013
Here ya go Mark…glad someone enjoys these shots 🙂 First is the uncropped version of the Noct shot, the others are with the S2 and 70mm.
- July 8, 2013 at 2:23 am #4017melantyeNew MemberJoin Date: Sep 2011Posts: 43Offline
David K;4706 wrote: Here ya go Mark…glad someone enjoys these shots 🙂 First is the uncropped version of the Noct shot, the others are with the S2 and 70mm.
Superb shots David! Normally I would comment on how magical the Noct shot is. But then I think these 70mm shots are even more breathtaking!
I didn't find the 70mm CS to be sharper though, hum maybe Leica accidentally shippied out a lens from their secret lab… :p
- July 9, 2013 at 3:14 am #4021
Thank you David. I thoroughly enjoy your model shoots and this model especially.
- July 10, 2013 at 11:54 am #4026stephanNew MemberJoin Date: Nov 2011Posts: 100Offline
interesting thing about the sharpnes of the 70, as i always felt that it was less sharp than the other S-lenses. And I have probably one of the first lenses.
- August 19, 2013 at 12:25 am #4153Jason HolidayNew MemberJoin Date: Aug 2013Posts: 8Offline
not too bad…thanks for sharing..
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.