Al Tanabe

Got to play with the T last week – it was as expected, Leica quality in both camera and image quality. High ISO 12500 has some noise and not as clean as the N of C products but very usable with a little noise reduction.

12500 ISO

All shot with 18-56

Mark Gowin

Well done Al. I am interested in the Leica T for those times I don’t want to carry the S2.

Al Tanabe

Mark,
    I hear you there! Hiking with a big tripod and S gear can get tiresome! The T is a very good system, wide DR and great image quality. A great upgrade for my X2 which I also carried out in the field. The lenses, 23 and 18-56 zoom are up to the standards that we have become accustomed to. It works very well with the T-M adapter and if you still have those M lenses, a worthwhile addition. Just have to figure how to present this to the CFO.

David Farkas

Nice images, Al!

It’s great that Leica brought along a T so everyone on the workshop could try it out.

Al Tanabe

David Farkas;6366 wrote: Nice images, Al!

It’s great that Leica brought along a T so everyone on the workshop could try it out.

David,
    I will admit that I tried to make the system take a bad picture (technically) but it was very difficult. The only thing I wish were better is the image stabilization feature. With Olympus, the 5 axis in body stabilization is hard to beat but image quality is a bit behind the T.
    -Al

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.