Discussion Forum Leica M System M9 Leica M9 Upgrade Program
    David Farkas

It’s official and we have full details here:

Leica M9 Upgrade Program

Happy to answer any questions or hear what current M9 think of the program.

Farnz

Thanks for posting, David. I did the upgrade on my M8 and have always been happy that I did.

At the price I’m kinda glad that I held off buying an M9 and went straight for the M9-P when it was released but it’s good that Leica is offering the choice to upgrade for those who value it.

Pete.

David K

I think it’s too expensive for what it is but somehow I’m not surprised. I suspect you could sell an M9 and get a new M9-P for pretty close to the same price.

David Farkas

David K;449 wrote: I think it’s too expensive for what it is but somehow I’m not surprised. I suspect you could sell an M9 and get a new M9-P for pretty close to the same price.

If you could get an M9-P….. certainly none coming in in the next few weeks with the factory closed for the rest of the month.

Al Tanabe

David,
    Is the warranty transferrable – like the one offered by Solms?

David Farkas

Atanabe;451 wrote: David,
    Is the warranty transferrable – like the one offered by Solms?

I don’t believe so, but I can check. The only transferable warranties that I know of are on S2 and S lenses.

Al Tanabe

David,
    Here is a link to the international warranty upgrade. http://support.leica-camera.com/fileadmin/user_upload/docs/Warranty_e_M9_conditions.pdf It states that this program is transferrable for the M9. I do know that the laws for EU countries differ from the US warranty laws.

As of today, the cost is $411 in US dollars. I will be getting this so that when/if within this year that I sell my M9, it will at least have a warranty for the new buyer.

-Al

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.