dalethorn

My first image with the Leica X-U (X-underwater) camera. Shot as JPEG only on dry land – a spontaneous take in a local public park deli. I think the X-U does well at ISO 800. I should have some underwater pics in a couple of weeks. BTW, this camera has no jack for a USB connection.

Leica X-U, f1.8, 1/250 handheld, ISO 800.
    Park employee

dalethorn

Today’s photos (shot as JPEGs) with the Leica X-U: Stairway of parking deck in B&W. Sunset on average white balance (haven’t worked out color temp yet, and there are no ‘scenes’). Wetland with grayish sky.

My impression of the X-U is that it does extremely well as a regular camera, ignoring (for now) the underwater feature.

Leica X-U, f5.6, 1/20 handheld, ISO 800.
    Stairs

Leica X-U, f5.6, 1/250 handheld, ISO 200.
    Harbor

Leica X-U, f6.3, 1/800 handheld, ISO 200.
    Wetland

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by  dalethorn.
    dalethorn

Two new photos from the Leica X-U (X-Underwater) camera: The front door to a house in the historic district of Charleston SC, and a nighttime view of the wars memorial at Waterfront Park.

Leica X-U, f5.6, 1/60 handheld, ISO 200.
    Door

Leica X-U, f6.3, 1.3 seconds braced, ISO 800.
    Memorial

dalethorn

I didn’t necessarily intend to shoot this flower at f3.2, but the wind was blowing a lot and I needed a very high shutter speed, so there it is….

Leica X-U, f3.2, 1/2000 handheld, ISO 200.
    Flower

dalethorn

Just another sunset, with the Leica X-U.

Leica X-U, f5.6, 1/160 handheld, ISO 400.
    Sunset

dalethorn

Here was a tricky one – the sun is just a hair above the bridge, and you can see a slight red flare at the top of the image. I provided the pseudo-lens-hood with one hand, and since the camera is relatively light and easy to grip, made the shot (burst) with the other hand. I always shoot bursts when possible, and I look at each frame on the computer at 100 percent to see if there are any sharpness differences between the burst frames (16 mp JPEGs). I rarely see a difference unless the shutter speed is below 1/100 second, which to me is remarkable for a camera without optical image stabilization.

Leica X-U, f8.0, 1/1000 handheld, ISO 100.
    Pier

dalethorn

Just another Leica X-U photo – I really like the detail and look of these, as they remind me of the images from another camera I loved – the Leica X1. I had to go behind a police barrier to get this perspective, as one of the pathways in this public park system has been closed for 2 years due to city and county councils arguing over who is responsible for maintaining the connector between the parks.

Leica X-U, f5.6, 1/800 handheld, ISO 200.
    Park Cafe

dalethorn

Cloudy, gray, flat lighting, but good detail for JPEG-only.

Leica X-U, f5.6, 1/800 handheld, ISO 100.
    Harbor

dalethorn

I thought I did fairly good with this harbor and wetland shot, but it has a lot of purple fringing and my primitive editor can’t fix it as good as I’d like.

Leica X-U, f6.3, 1/640 handheld, ISO 100.
    Harbor

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.