David K

These from a recent shoot at my friend Andre’s studio with one of my favorite models, Taylor P. Most of the shots from this shoot were taken with the 70mm CS lens but these were with the 120mm CS. I’ve read some comments in other posts about this lens not being well suited for portraiture…but it’s one of my favorites.

Attached files

RVB

David K;4913 wrote: These from a recent shoot at my friend Andre’s studio with one of my favorite models, Taylor P. Most of the shots from this shoot were taken with the 70mm CS lens but these were with the 120mm CS. I’ve read some comments in other posts about this lens not being well suited for portraiture…but it’s one of my favorites.

Great shot’s and a beautiful model.. did you use two lights?

Rob

Jack MacD

My guess is three lights as I see a highlight on her hair.

David K

Jack guessed right…two hot lights, one up very high camera behind and to the right of the model, backlighting the water, one at about 8′ high, left and behind camera and a strobe as main, metered for f/8. The water is from a garden hose held by an assistant on a ladder camera left…pointed up towards the ceiling. It’s kind of a production to set up a shoot like this with tarps and a pump that ejects the water out of the studio. But you can get some pretty cool stuff with it.

David K

One more…

Attached files

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.