Discussion Forum Leica S System S2 Firmware update 1.0.4.2
    Pete Walentin

Guys, there is a new FW update available. Supporting the new lenses as well as the CS lenses. Hopefully we will see the CS lenses in the near future. To be more precise I would love to see them purchasable.

Doug

And intriguingly (from the email): “Additionally, this latest update also optimises the shutter priority exposure mode (T) and includes an improved communication of white balance values from the camera to Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom®.”

Something more specific would be interesting…

David Farkas

Doug;3879 wrote: And intriguingly (from the email): “Additionally, this latest update also optimises the shutter priority exposure mode (T) and includes an improved communication of white balance values from the camera to Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom®.”

Something more specific would be interesting…

Doug,

We covered the details here:

Leica S2 Firmware Update 1.0.4.2 Now Available

constable

The update installs with no issues as far as I am concerned. Still no improvement on the recognition of the Hassy adaptor which is still a little bit hit and miss …

Ed

Doug

Thanks, David! Josh’s additional commentary is helpful.
    At least on the surface, it appears none of the changes relate to my use of the camera.

Doug

PebblePlace

I was hoping to see an option to set the direction of the thumb wheel. Is this the last firmware update for the S2?

Josh Lehrer

This is the most recent update. Just a minor one this time.

linusm

Josh Lehrer;3902 wrote: This is the most recent update. Just a minor one this time.

Wonder if someone can help me with the updates. On the owners site for S2, the download instructions and the update are in German, a language I unfortunately do not understand. When I download the firmware update, it requires an application to open the file and I do not have that. All I get is this file downloaded FW_S2_1_0_4_2.S2
    I tried to open this file but it needs the application. How do I go about updating the firmware?

Thanks for the help.

Josh Lehrer

First you want to make sure you have a fully charged battery in your S2. Then, format a CF card in the camera. Put the CF card in a reader into a computer, then copy the firmware (the .S2 file) to the memory card. Don’t put it inside any folders, it goes in the root directory of the card. Once that’s done, put the card in the camera (while the camera is off) and turn the camera on while holding down the rear AF/AE lock button (located directly right of the viewfinder). The camera will recognize that the CF card has firmware on it, and will update. Takes a few minutes to complete the process.

Hope that helps!

linusm

Thanks a ton Josh. That worked perfectly. The piece I was missing was holding down the AF/AE button while turning the camera on. I really appreciate it.

Albert Knapp, MDAvatar photo

I noticed that after I installed the new software that many of my previously selected menu options such as two of the custom options and the date/time were nullified. I simply re-adjusted. Has this been reported before?
    Albert
    :confused::confused::rolleyes::eek:

Josh Lehrer

Albert, as you know I emailed you about this but I want to put it here as well. With some firmware updates, the S2’s settings may be reset, usually if there are major changes happening at lower levels of the camera’s operating system. This is perfectly normal. I keep an SD card with my settings from the S2 saved on it in my camera bag, so that if the camera is reset (or if someone else uses it, and changes some settings) it is easy for me to pop in the card, and load my preferred settings back onto the S2.

andyc

Hi.. I would just like to add that the update also addressed a issue I had reported whereby the top OLED kept defaulting to ‘Medium’ when the S2 was off with a multi Battery Grip attached…I like to keep it brightest in daylight as a quick reference before Shoot.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.