Discussion Forum Leica S System Alternative Lenses Testing the Leica S2 and Hasselblad 350mm f/5.6 Superachromat
    David Farkas

amoebahydra

I tried to use the Hasselblad 350 SA with automatic exposure on S2, but most of the time I got serious over-exposure in images obtained. Has anybody experience similar problem and how to encounter it ?

David Farkas

amoebahydra;2102 wrote: I tried to use the Hasselblad 350 SA with automatic exposure on S2, but most of the time I got serious over-exposure in images obtained. Has anybody experience similar problem and how to encounter it ?

The best approach to getting proper exposure using alternative lenses on the S2 is to first mount an S lens on the camera and set the aperture to the maximum aperture on the alternative lens. So, in the case of the 350 SA, mount your 70mm and dial the aperture to f/5.6. Then, swap lenses to the 350 SA. Your exposures should now be correct.

If you were getting overexposures, it was likely that the camera was set to f/11 or f/13 before you mounted the 350 SA. If you were getting underexposures, the aperture was set wider than f/5.6.

Hope this helps.

amoebahydra

thanks very much, this is so helpful !

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.