- In reply to: David Farkas wrote a new post, Leica CL Review: The Perfect Travel Camera When the Leica CL was introduced a little over a year ago, the APS-C mirrorless camera joined an already full Leica roster, sharing many similarities with its siblings. Functionally equivalent to the then very […] View
This has to be one of the most, if not the most, comprehensive review I’ve read of any camera (not just a Leica camera). To say well done is an understatement. Thanks!
- In reply to: David Farkas wrote a new post, Photokina 2018: The Leica CL and Future of APS-C Leica officially announced the CL, Silver Anodized this week at Photokina. And while functionally identical to the original all-black CL, the silver does look quite nice and offer a little refresh to the camera. […] View
Thanks for this. I like my CL. My only complaint (are you reading Leica) is the inability to turn off Long Exposure Noise Reduction. I’ve looked and not found a way. Otherwise the compact TL lenses are a pleasure to carry around (relatively light weight) and have pretty good image quality (not M-good but to me as good as the Q when I owned…[Read more]
- In reply to: David Farkas wrote a new post, Photokina 2018: Details on the L-Mount Alliance Following the announcement of the L-Mount Alliance at the Leica press event preceding the start of Photokina, there seemed to be more questions than answers. How did such an alliance come to be? How much […] View
Thanks for this reporting. I know it takes money and time to make this sort of trip, conduct interviews, and write this info up.
I had an SL at one time. This excites me to maybe get an SL again… or wait for SL 2.0. I liked using my TL lenses on the SL despite the crop down to 10MP.
- In reply to: David Farkas wrote a new post, Leica at Photokina 2018: Wrap Up Entering the Koelnmesse for Photokina never loses its excitement, even as I head into my sixth show. The hustle, the bustle, and energy of the show hits you as soon as you weave your way through the crowds of […] View
From your shots it appears that this show is well attended. Is it or are there some vendor areas that are substantially more crowded than others?
Were you able to get any sense in the L Mount meeting whether or not a new SL is around the corner or the current model has some more years left? The current trade-in discount could be interpreted…[Read more]
garydmorris commented on the post, Using M Lenses on the Leica CL: New City, New Camera, Familiar Glass 9 months, 2 weeks agoIn reply to: Luis Mora wrote a new post, Using M Lenses on the Leica CL:
New City, New Camera, Familiar Glass I’m never without a camera on my shoulder. No camera, no pictures. Everyday moments are there to be captured, and I’m always ready. Some mornings, that familiar analog itch hits. I grab my trusty, battle-worn M6, […] View
I enjoyed reading this. I particularly like the rich saturated colors. I have a CL and the M-to-L adapter but have not tried any M glass yet. Maybe a 21 M lens is in my future.
- In reply to: David Farkas wrote a new post, Leica Q (Typ 116) Review: A Full-Frame Mini M Back when the X Vario was introduced and initially teased as a mini M, many were disappointed. The X Vario (Typ 107) ended up being a great camera, an X with a zoom, and a stellar zoom lens at that, but certainly […] View
I had the M9 + Noct combo for three years. Setting aside the price aspect, the Noct is a great lens at f5.6 and an amazing lens at f.95. However, at f.95, the Noct is very hard to focus and even more difficult in low light… the depth of field is so shallow (focus on the bridge of someones nose and their lips are out of focus) that for me focus s…[Read more]
jwcane;4910 wrote: Could not reproduce Garydmorris’s reported behavior (blanking of manual-focus-assist window when pressing D/F). Could you share more details about how/when this happens? For me, pressing D/F, before or after focusing, works fine, without any blanking of the EVF or LCD display (whichever is in use).
I have S/N 4707874,…
I have a D-Lux 6 (for about 3 months as of this writing). I recently took it with me as a third camera on a trip to Paris with the wife. I say third camera because I had my M9 and X2 as primary cameras. Anyway, I was shooting with the DL6 inside the Louvre and in the space of about one hour, on four separate occasions other people roaming the…[Read more]
I have had my XV for a week now. I was interested in this camera from the time of announcement. The reason is simple: Leica quality glass in a modest zoom and not a shoulder crushing camera body. I was a little disappointed in the zoom range… I’d have liked 90mm instead of the 70mm but that’s just me.
I tried this camera out at the new L…[Read more]